Need water well driller

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perfor8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a property with 6 old water wells on it. I'd like to get a driller out here to talk about refurbishing some of these or drilling a couple of new ones. Anyone know/recommend any well drillers?

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If no pumps in them. Rope on a pipe wrench. Measure the depths of them. See if they are caved in or full of ****. Then you can get a pump, a good enough genset to run pump and pump on them to see if they are sustaining themselves. Plastic or steel surface pipes? Plastic well casing? A lot of factors to tell age and if they are any good. There is no goin back in them for refurbish. And the price of wells these days, it gets pricey ‘“drilling a couple of new ones”. If you nothing about them, hire a professional. I can walk you through on setting a pump in them to test them. We have used our rig compressor to clean them of debris if the debris is not to heavy, but it is done gentle as to not blow the well casing out and ruining the well. We have drilled wells for 80+ years, but your way to far away.

perfor8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If no pumps in them. Rope on a pipe wrench. Measure the depths of them. See if they are caved in or full of ****. Then you can get a pump, a good enough genset to run pump and pump on them to see if they are sustaining themselves. Plastic or steel surface pipes? Plastic well casing? A lot of factors to tell age and if they are any good. There is no goin back in them for refurbish. And the price of wells these days, it gets pricey ‘“drilling a coOWRA
Good info, thank you.

These are all very old wells with steel casings and mechanical pump rods. Some are just casings with no other hardware. I would guess they're out of the 50's or earlier. None of them are recorded on OWRB's website. I sit on the Verdigris River. I can see water about 20' down the casings, but haven't yet measured how deep they are. I've heard the trick about blowing out the casings with an air compressor - that's mostly what I meant by refurbish. I just didn't know if that was worth the time. I'll do that if I can't get a pro out here and then drop a pump in and see what happens.

perfor8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe this is the guy my dad used and was pleased with. He’s got several decades of experience.
Alan Swinney
(405) 899-4484

If your around Pott country I'd go with Howell's Pump and Service. 405-964-2342
Thank y'all. I'll call these fellas. They may be too far west, given the area code, but I'll give 'em a try.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another vote for Swinney. Him and his brother did our well and pump/pressure tank in Weleetka. Not sure they'd go that far North but nothing but good things to say about both.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Remember to use a control box with the electrical setup, I didn't know that and wired directly to a 220v pump once and burned out a good pump.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My well was drilled in 1960 hit water @ 13 feet, rose to 9 feet from top of ground it is 60 feet deep. Well was about 2 years old ,filled up with very fine sand. Driller came back clamped a 4 inch hose on casing , laid out a bunch of hose. Started a big compressor blew the 60 feet of casing up out of the well & it fell over to the West. Pumped out all the sand & recased with plastic pipe. Been good to this day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom