Drainage / French Drains

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah your garage is in a hole. It looks like the natural path of the land is to drain toward the back right side of your land (facing the garage) so if it were me I'd start there. Get that skid steer and cut a path about 10' wide on both sides and back of the garage and give that water a way to flow toward the back end of your property.

Then I'd cut a little dip about 2" deep and 4' wide all around that parking lot pad in front of the garage so that the concrete is higher than the surrounding dirt. That sucker is just going to funnel water into your garage.

You got a lot of work ahead of you, but I'd say two weekends could do it. That's sandy dirt. Fun to work in and easier by a WHOLE LOT than OKC area clay.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Driveway looks to slope toward the garage does not take much! no easy solution drains may not work you would need a large trench drain. what i think needs to happen is repour drive slope away from garage with a good bit of fall and of course the road is high so that will also slope to the middle of drive also then at the low point you pick somewhere towards the 1/2 way point create a swell in the yard to take the water out and around. not a terrible job but not a small one either. You can make it work though!

Last edited:

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Driveway looks to slope toward the garage does not take much! no easy solution drains may not work you would need a large trench drain. what i think needs to happen is repour drive slope away from garage with a good bit of fall and of course the road is high so that will also slope to the middle of drive also then at the low point you pick somewhere towards the 1/2 way point create a swell in the yard to take the water out and around. not a terrible job but not a small one either. You can make it work though!

Oh yeah I like that! We're spending Old Noob's money here, but Bocephus is right. If you want it fixed *right* you'll pull that driveway out and re-pour it with a slope away from the garage. That means you get to rent a jackhammer too, break it all up, and cart it off. Then a compactor, gravel, and build forms for a new pad that slopes toward the road, and has about a 2 foot wide dip/culvert between the road and the driveway pad.

This is on top of cutting those slopes on the sides and back of the garage to make sure you get flow AROUND the garage instead of into it.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh yeah I like that! We're spending Old Noob's money here, but Bocephus is right. If you want it fixed *right* you'll pull that driveway out and re-pour it with a slope away from the garage. That means you get to rent a jackhammer too, break it all up, and cart it off. Then a compactor, gravel, and build forms for a new pad that slopes toward the road, and has about a 2 foot wide dip/culvert between the road and the driveway pad.

This is on top of cutting those slopes on the sides and back of the garage to make sure you get flow AROUND the garage instead of into it.
Yep only so many was that will fix it correctly big trench drain lots of digging or reslope driveway repour and dirt work. No offense meant by in the long run you will be much happier!! Im sorry about the money hope so friends can help!

Latest posts

Top Bottom