Negativity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

elcaBob

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've watched open carry discussions go on for, literally, years on this forum. Most wanted it, some didn't. It was a generally peaceful discussion. However, as November 1st approached passed, the negativity on OKShooters surrounding open carry is, I believe, completely out of hand.

Its one thing if you disagree with carrying openly, that's fine. But some of the reactions have been very harsh and very personal. And I'm talking about people who chime right in on gun discussions screaming about just how important the Second Amendment is. Phrases like, "Its my right, I don't care what anybody says!", are common. However, when someone refers to those who open carry as "stupid", "uneducated" or "juvenile" ( the latter having been used in a recent thread), it shows a total lack of respect and, frankly, a tendency towards idiocy.

You may not do it, you may not like it, you may completely disagree with the tactical decision. However, you don't have to insult people over it. Open carry is a HUGE step toward true recognition of the right to keep and bear arms! It gives me a Chris Matthews style tingle running up my leg when I see it!

Argument is great, attempting to destroy someone's character is, well, juvenile.

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The way open carry has been assaulted on this supposedly pro-gun forum is simply disgusting to me. I don't even have a carry license yet and i'm a supporter. If we talked about cops the way some people here have talked about open carry that person would have be permabanned. Thats alright though, this is a free country and everyone is entitled to their opinion. I am also entitled to invite them to my ignore list!

For this being a pro gun forum there sure are enough anti's on here!

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On the open carry thing. Everyone do what you want. I don't give a rats who you are, how red neck, immature or ignorant you are. You can live where ever you want and I don't give a crap how much money you have or what you drive. Just don't be a jerk when you do OC because you represent all of us and what we believe in.

Last edited by a moderator:

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are some tools on this forum that can't respect others opinions. They don't know how to present their cases for or against something and just lower themselves to personal attacks and name callling.

It won't be tolerated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom