negotiating with terrorists

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WASHINGTON — The lone American prisoner of war from the Afghan conflict, captured by insurgents nearly five years ago, has been released to American forces in exchange for five Taliban prisoners held at the Guantánamo Bay, Cuba, detention facility, Obama administration officials said Saturday.

The soldier, Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, was handed over to American Special Operations forces inside Afghanistan about 10:30 a.m. Saturday by a group of 18 Taliban, officials said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/01/us/only-american-pow-from-afghan-war-is-freed.html?_r=0
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2014-05-31-12-31-09

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why not? We get an American back and they get some rag heads back. Sounds like a good deal to me. 5 less mouths our government has to feed. It's not like we have a chance in hell of beating the taliban anyway. And that's not because we don't have the best military in the world. It's because we have a weakling in the oval office.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From what I know, and have been told, the Taliban got the better part of this deal.

I'm glad he's going home, but he's going to face some tough questions.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why not? We get an American back and they get some rag heads back. Sounds like a good deal to me. 5 less mouths our government has to feed. It's not like we have a chance in hell of beating the taliban anyway. And that's not because we don't have the best military in the world. It's because we have a weakling in the oval office.

I don't think it has anything to do with that, seems like throughout history it's been a royal PITA to fight guerrilla forces; that theme has played out for centuries. It's that no one ever learns that it's a losing proposition. I'm not sure Obama is much more a failure at it than Bush was, or any other President, Chancellor, Prime Minister, etc., has been in history.

Grindstone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bergdahl was a moron and a deserter. Look up the circumstances of his capture and how much blood, material, and treasure was wasted trying to bring his sorry ass back.

We should have let him rot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom