Neither party won!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rick - you seem more cranky than usual.

I think the affects of giving birth to a 9Lb gold brick are taking their toll on you. .

I'm still rooting for you though man.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rick - you seem more cranky than usual.

I think the affects of giving birth to a 9Lb gold brick are taking their toll on you. .

I'm still rooting for you though man.

No I am having problems with one of my trucks and can not figure it out, but I really need it the next few weeks. That is making me very cranky.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rick, the Democrats won, the Republicans lost, but all in all, it's no different. There will be no sweeping change in either direction.

JB there was more than just a Presidential election last night. The country, as a whole, voted to continue divided government. And I also tend to agree that Federalism, as a principle of US government, suffered a body blow last night.

The President did indeed win re-election but with very little discernible mandate except to "do better"

As to someone else's discussion about compromise - here is what I had expected our Congress and President to do last year - keep the current tax structure for - Reps say everyone, Dems say only up to $250K - so how about $500K or $1M?

Dems say cut mil spending, Republicans say grow it - how about a discussion about freezing it with inflation only adjustment for two years and then a serious restructuring process to invest what there is in key areas? probably results in smaller Army, same size USMC, newer USAF and Navy.

Finally, how about serious cuts in spending? The President said the savings from the war will be reinvested in our own nation-building but he also said we fought the war on credit - so what is there to reinvest? Stop many separate Federal programs - go to block grants and allow States to experiment and if they save then they get to do their own re-investment as they see fit.

Anyway those are my crackpot ideas but it isn't hard to see how some compromise - probably not completely satisfying to anyone might be worked out. Let's here your ideas.

Latest posts

Top Bottom