Nerf or step bars for my Chevy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 2000 Silverado 4x4 regular cab long bed that even though isn't lifted my 5' 2" wife has a little trouble getting in and out of the durn thing. Thinking I would like to put a set of step bars on it but wondering if there is a down side to having them on a PU?

I would like Wheel to wheel to make it easier to reach over the side of the bed but don't want to spend any more than I have to, any recommendations? Anyone have a set laying around?

Thanks..

rings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive got a set of the raptor(I think) bars on my truck, they were on there when I bought it. They are only the length of my crew cab, but I love em! Gpa can get in and out easily, wife, handicapped mom...all the above. Havent had any issues or down sides with them yet, even with the past two years of snow storms! I wouldnt mind having them to the back wheel for easier access to the bed, but I HATE the look of the longer ones...guess it your choice. Hope that helps ya

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ordered some off eBay for Dad's truck a couple weeks ago & got them for half of what they were at the accessory shops I priced them at, so I'd definitely reccomend online shopping them.

BigDiezel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Order a set of smittybilt or nfab's off amazon.com. If you look hard enough you might find the ones that have the extra step by the rear wheel.

SgtMojo67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only downfall I've experienced is during the Oklahoma winters...The ice can make them difficult to use. My foot slipped off between the nerf bars and the truck. Didn't feel too good. That is the only issue I have had.....Oklahoma ice...other than that, good to go.

DPI

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can build you a set.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom