New 870 Sights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Givens

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I finally managed to get a new Remington 870 barrel with the "DEA Sights" on it. 18", Imp Cyl. The new sights look odd at first. The rear sight is mounted just forward of the receiver. It is low, very beefy, and blocky. It looks VERY sturdy. The blade is the express type with a white vertical center line. This is NOT the replacement XS sight for the Remington factory rifle sights. This is a sturdy fixed rear sight.

The front sight is a white dot on a ramp. I got to do some preliminary testing today.

Federal 00 Buck, 2 rds @10 yds, 2 rds @ 15 yds, and 1 rd at 25 yards, all on one target. You could cover the pattern from all five rounds with my hand with the fingers spread out. Centered right on the sights.

Winchester Ranger Low Recoil slugs, 5 rds at 25 yds, offhand, fairly quickly. 4 of 5 went in the same ragged hole, 5th was barely out, my fault. Dead on the sights.

Brennekke Tactical Home Defense slugs, 5 rds at 25 yds. Bigger group, centered but low. That barrel definitely prefers the Ranger slug.

The sights are very quick to pick up and look REALLY rugged. I like!

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I made a vertical notch like that on my benelli M1; I like that 870 setup also.

I love the ranger lr slugs too.

I hoard them like they were ammunition and a Dem's in the white house.

Whats the story with the brenneke HD slugs? Never heard of them. are they less apt to penetrate multiple walls?

Latest posts

Top Bottom