New Arrow Rest, New Fletchings, or Both?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

For Tighter Arrow Groups:

• Refletch with 2 inch vanes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Get a fall-away style rest

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both option 1 and 2

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heck!!! If your bow is launching arrow straight, you don't need fletching out to ten yards or better.

Shoot a non fletched arrow and see, if it launches sideways you got a problem

Kitchen Sink Tuning.....
This is what I would do too
If your bow is tuned right or close. A fletched and none fletched arrow should hit identicle to each other just like broadhead tuning. Do it from a couple feet away at first then walk back a little at a time.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a possibility. I'm considering going to Oklahoma archery tomorrow and see if there's something obviously wrong as well as get my arrows fletched.

I've noticed between 23ish yards and the target, when shooting at 30 yards, the entire arrow remains straight, the arrow creeps to the 2 o'clock position then moves counter clockwise to the 7 or 8 oclock position before hiring the target. It's hard to describe...I just need to have another archer watch me shoot I guess.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All right, here's what happened. Both Haskell and Caden from Oklahoma Archery agreed that re-fletching won't do anything. I had Caden, who shoots tournaments, watch me shoot at 30 yards. Bam, I had 3 inch groups. I'm scratching my head because that's not the case at home. He addressed an issue with my grip, which did help. I was brain-storming with him and came up with the following. I shoot on the side of my house between the fence and the house. The distance is about 8 feet between the two. My neighbor's house is about 8 feet on the other side of the fence. This is creating a wind tunnel, even on still days, that's causing a swirl-effect and making my groupings funky. I shot several groups while there and my field-points were right there with my practice broadheads....I'm glad I have that figured out. Thanks for the advice guys. I'll be re-working my grip and leaving the rest/fletchings alone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom