New carry weapon...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doublestack 9mm carry weapon

• Sig 320

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • S&W M&P

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Springfield XD series

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Springfield Hellcat

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • CZ of some sort

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Other...

Votes: 15 38.5%

• Total voters

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll vote for a P365 or an XD. I'm not sure if you left the Sig off the list intentionally, and if so, why, but it's a personal preference. I love mine as much as my child. :D

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
As I have always recommended to anyone contemplating a new gun please rent one to see if you can get along with it before purchase. I have both the XDM 45 full size and the XD Subcompact .40. I had the sub first and carried it for about 6 years. I carry the full sized XD during the winter months now.

spence

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going out in left field here as I don't currently own one, but I voted for the XD series. Here is why, you said your first double stack. My guess is you haven't owned a ton of them or any in the past. Being it's your first, go cheap. When I said cheap, I mean price, not quality. You can find XD series weapons all over used for under 3 bills. Most will come with a metric ton of mags, holsters etc. Not a huge fan of the trigger, but it's combat ready and will do in 99% of all situations. The M series are very accurate too. Metal sights, non grooved trigger, metal mags and proven.

For what Springfield offers in the XD series, it's hard to beat for the price. You honestly can purchase the weapon, go out and shoot and do not need any upgrades.

I'm actually going to suggest the Beretta APX. It's in the low to mid $300 range these days. Admittedly, I have not shot one, however everything I hear on them is positive. If I was in the market for a striker fired pistol, it would be on the top end of the list. If you aren't apposed to hammer fired, take a solid look at the PX4 Storm, too.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some things I might should add: not new to carrying, have carried a Shield, Charter Bulldog 44 special, and currently a Ruger Lightweight Commander 1911, amongst others. Admittedly, never been a fan of the polymer type guns, more of a wheelgun or 1911 guy, but have owned a gen 1 M&P 45 a few years ago for a bit and liked it. Wife has a Glock or two, still not a fan although I know of their usefullness. And I didn't know/forgot that the Sig 365 was a doublestack or would've added it to the list.

Also, if you vote for "other", please feel free to comment on your choice...

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm actually going to suggest the Beretta APX. It's in the low to mid $300 range these days. Admittedly, I have not shot one, however everything I hear on them is positive. If I was in the market for a striker fired pistol, it would be on the top end of the list. If you aren't apposed to hammer fired, take a solid look at the PX4 Storm, too.

Love my Beretta APX Centurion! However, my EDC is a P365.

spence

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Love my Beretta APX Centurion! However, my EDC is a P365.

Mine's a 92 compact, I could easily do the full size M9, but it's been relegated recently to soaking up the majority of the round count for training and practice. If I had any gumption to carrying a striker fired gun AWIB, it could be a contender on that ground, too.

MISph1t

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm quite happy with my CZ P-07. My son just picked up a M&P 2.0 compact this weekend and it is a really nice shooter. Actually liked the trigger better on the M&P but I wanted a hammer gun when I was shopping for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom