New Evidence In Pharmacist's Shooting & Website?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ersland has said the suspects who entered the Reliable Pharmacy shot at him first and that's why he returned fire, ultimately killing 16-year-old Antwun Parker.

District Attorney David Prater said surveillance video at the time of the shooting proves the suspects never had a chance to get a shot off.

Without regard to Mr. Ersland's guilt or innocence in this case or debate about what he did later that has landed him in jail, why is this even a point of debate? Does Mr. Prater hold the position that one cannot use deadly force until fired upon? The "video at the time of the shooting proves the suspects never had a chance to get a shot off." Is the DA speaking to the credibility of Mr. Ersland rather than whether or not his initial shooting was justified? If not, and if Mr. Prater actually said that then it may be time for OKC to get a new DA.

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just don't see the point of the site.

If your Ersland, making this site yourself or having someone make it on your behalf doesn't do anything to improve your chances in court. It won't get the charges dropped, if anything it's just going to get the prosecutors to say that there is now a bias due to the media blitz, and ask for a change of venue. A change of venue would seem to just weaken his case.

If your friends of Ersland, then I suppose it helps raise money ( there was a mailing address for a fund at the bank ) but again, it goes back to my previous points.

PLUS on top of that the evidence seems a bit wonky.

Five shots fired, and no casings found until 3 months later, and then it was only one piece of brass?

And how exactly does that even help him? No one, not even the DA said he was unjustified in shooting at the robbers. What he is up on charges for is shooting a wounded robber after he was down on the ground from one of his initial shots.

This whole incident is a text book on what NOT TO DO if your involved in a defensive shooting.

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We new that if we were going to get robbed it would most likely be then. We carried our guns on us. We kept guns in our business in several places. We told all of our workers that if someone came in and robbed us, give them anything they want. When they turn their back to leave, hit the floor. They will not leave with what I worked for.

So.. the question i have here is.. once they turn their backs on you to leave aren't you out of immediately danger of death or great bodily harm? Is shooting someone in the back while they are leaving after a robbery legal?

B

Latest posts

Top Bottom