"New" Ford Bronco

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Much of the Bronco is old school, a lot of options! You can spec one out with a 325 HP twin Turbo V-6 for around 52K with a lot of nice options. Can go lower with a 3 door. I have only heard of a couple of issues with the tops, and one with the design. The soft top leaks snow, the hard top has separation of the plastic. The last issue was wind noise on some models. Nice vehicle, very expensive used less expensive new. Love to get the Bronco Raptor, 400+ HP Twin Turbo V-6, price is ridiculous at a 72K starting point. You can get a 7 speed manual with the 2.3 Liter Turbo inline 4, or a 10 Speed Auto. If you are into the Raptor though and want a bargain, the Ranger Raptor will start at $52K and have a 400+ HP Twin Turbo V-6. Other than that I have heard the Bronco is a contender to the Jeep Wrangler and performs comparably or better off road. There are 2 and 4 door options as well.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Want to share a redacted pic of the sticker? I would love to see what's included.
This is the one most capable of rock crawling, so there's a ton of options not listed individually in the packages and options listed. The vinyl seats are marine grade vinyl, so they feel like leather, but won't wear like leather.

Screenshot_20220318-113704_Gallery.jpg

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think that supply problem is unique to Ford. I have heard similar stories from other makers.
The supplier issues aren’t unique to any company, although it’s ultimately the automaker who shoulders the blame, regardless of who’s at fault.

I’ve heard complaints about the lack (or at least uneven quality) of communications, from both customers and dealers, and that is all on the automaker. It’s kind of surprising at Ford, considering that their current CEO, while a car guy at heart, came up through the marketing ranks (he was one of the guys who helped make Lexus what it is before he joined Ford).

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Much of the Bronco is old school, a lot of options! You can spec one out with a 325 HP twin Turbo V-6 for around 52K with a lot of nice options. Can go lower with a 3 door. I have only heard of a couple of issues with the tops, and one with the design. The soft top leaks snow, the hard top has separation of the plastic. The last issue was wind noise on some models. Nice vehicle, very expensive used less expensive new. Love to get the Bronco Raptor, 400+ HP Twin Turbo V-6, price is ridiculous at a 72K starting point. You can get a 7 speed manual with the 2.3 Liter Turbo inline 4, or a 10 Speed Auto. If you are into the Raptor though and want a bargain, the Ranger Raptor will start at $52K and have a 400+ HP Twin Turbo V-6. Other than that I have heard the Bronco is a contender to the Jeep Wrangler and performs comparably or better off road. There are 2 and 4 door options as well.

The only folks who got Bronco Raptor golden tickets were 7/13-7/15/20 reservation holders who still hadn't been issued a vin# or build, and that was only if you happen to have your order at one of the Ford giant dealers like in LA, Dallas, etc. Some dealers were charging MSRP plus $50k ADM for them......

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is the one most capable of rock crawling, so there's a ton of options not listed individually in the packages and options listed. The vinyl seats are marine grade vinyl, so they feel like leather, but won't wear like leather.

View attachment 259945
Very nice! Puts my old jku to shame. What differentials and what type of lockers, electric/air? What about the tcase, what manufacture and what's the low range ratio?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Very nice! Puts my old jku to shame. What differentials and what type of lockers, electric/air? What about the tcase, what manufacture and what's the low range ratio?
Jeep and old broncos will still have the advantage crawling imo since they have solid front axles. Electric lockers front and back. Easier to post the link and you can read the fine print easier lol. They could have gone lower gears on the transfer case for sure, only 3.0, 4.0 would have been great. Crawl ratio on the 7sp manual is great 95:1, crawl ratio is good enough on the auto at 68:1, and I didn't want another manual transmission. My 71' bronco that I crawl with is 70:1 and it's done anything I've asked it to across the US with ease, so the 68:1 was fine with me. I can put it in 4L and 1st gear and get out and walk next to it at idle up hill on a steep incline. It will be my wife's daily driver too.

https://media.ford.com/content/dam/...oduct/2021/bronco/pdf/21_Bronco_TechSpecs.pdf

Latest posts

Top Bottom