New guy here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

24T_missilejock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just wanted to intoduce myself. My name is Don. Im building my first AR15 and stumbled on this site. I just purchased a ep80 lower in desert tan. Looking to make it in a 14" barrel dark earth/tan. Im guessing this project will take me a while since its my first build. Man there are alot of sites out there dedicated to AR's. Here is my first question:

If I go with a 14" barrel. Do I need a short barrel rifle stamp?

24T_missilejock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I should probably go a little more indepth about myself, rather than joining up and bombarding ya'll with questions.
Im a US Army Vet (24T Patriot Missile System Opperator) Married with kids. Been around firearms since way before the army but never developed the love I have till after I fired my first M16A2. Im sure you vets know what Im talking about. Im a Patriot, a Vet, a father with a pretty daughter, a man that values what little God has allowed me to have, and last but not least. A man that believes DON'T TREAD ON ME still means something. So I guess that sums up why Im here lol.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
welcome missle jock. lots of info in the rifle section about AR building. good luck with it!

Beau

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
welcome!
if you want a 14 inch barrel yes you need a stamp for anything under 16"
14" barrel + 2" comp=16" but comp will have to be wielded/pinned on for no stamp.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
24t. I spent most of my military time in several Patriot batteries across two different battalions. I was a 31m but spent six glorious months filling a 24t slot as a tda in HHB 4/43 when it was in Giessen. Good times. Welcome aboard for the ride.

24T_missilejock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
24t. I spent most of my military time in several Patriot batteries across two different battalions. I was a 31m but spent six glorious months filling a 24t slot as a tda in HHB 4/43 when it was in Giessen. Good times. Welcome aboard for the ride.

Hi there. Yeah i had a few com friends sit in as a TDA as well as TCA. I was is both maintenance and well as fire control. Had lots of buds in Giesen. I was IN 1/7 ADA in K-Town. as well as 1/43 in Suwon Korea.

Latest posts

Top Bottom