New Guy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatcpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
New guy here. I'm fairly new to handguns in general. About a year ago, due to some physical impairments and age (61), I decided that I probably couldn't ward off the bad guys with a baseball bat anymore. Hadn't shot a pistol since the Marine Corp back in 1969. Bought a 9mm Taurus Pt111 (based on price alone) and started shooting some. Didn't think I could hit the side of a barn, but found out I actually could (if it didn't move much). Got hooked. While on break at a concealed carry course, a Glock 19 kept calling me from the gun case and I bought it before the course was over. Decided to try 1911's and again bought a Taurus based on price. Have since bought a 9mm CZ PCR and a Kahr CW40. Bought and sold an SA XD 45, a Taurus 24/7, a Walther P22, and a Taurus Model 85 Ultra Light. Got the reloading bug and bought a bunch of Lee and RCBS stuff over the last month. Shot my first reloads yesterday. Hooked again! At some point before too long, I'll probably try to trade up a little with the 1911. Also have a little Taurus TCP 380 and a Buck Mark 22. As you can see, I'm and equal opportunity gun owner. I haven't had a bad experience with any gun that I've owned to this point. I'd buy another Taurus without hesitation, but will probably own a high end 1911 before too long. I'm looking forward to learning from the posts on this forum and maybe add something every now and then.

Jack

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FatCPA - it sounds like you have taken the exact same path i have. I have a TCP and Browning Buck Mark too. :-)

All that is left is for you to get into action pistol competition - IPSCA or IDPA. Its great fun!

B

Latest posts

Top Bottom