New Hornady L-N-L AP $386.99 Shipped...Better Hurry!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doublearon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also have a LNL AP and T7 press. Between those two, and my LNL Classic, you can do some pretty neat stuff in your spare time.

As for the flavor of Kool Aid....I'll just leave this here.

ai171.photobucket.com_albums_u317_DoubleARon_2007_dillon.jpg

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From the amount of playing I've done with each, the red press is preferable to the blue press. The charging system is better IMO and caliber swaps are done in about 3 minutes including a primer size change. And it is smart enough to rotate itself. :P

Bevenue

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My bank account hates you!!!!!!!!!!:finger:

PS Amazon needs to get there shipping times right. It told me 9 days with the free shipping option. It only took 2 days. Now I have to go to Bass Pro and buy an overpriced shell plate. :scream:

1911user

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For those with new LNL-AP presses, if it has the ez-ject ejection system, older shellplates will not work without modification by Hornady.

The newest shellplates have a groove on the bottom of the plate so it doesn't interfere with the ez-ject system. The hornady mod for older plates is to chuck them in a lathe and cut the groove. They used to charge for the service ($10 IIRC), but that was at least 2 years ago so things may have changed if it is still offered.

Just beware a flat bottom shellplate won't work with the ez-ject system. Until that change, all of the shellplates for the hornady progressives would work on any of them even going back to the old pro-jector models and all early/middle LNL-AP models.

My final bit of advice concerns the electric casefeeder. If you buy one, make sure the press, bench, etc. is mounted very securely. The casefeeder does not tolerate a press or bench that wobbles if you want any speed at all. Attach the bench to studs in the wall for best results (not kidding one bit).

There is also a mod to the casefeeder bowl. It goes a long way to keeping the cases from jamming or being fed upside down. Start a new topic if you run into the problem. I'll have to find some old notes for the exact fix.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even better now at Midway, if you enter promo code 60810, you get $60 off any retail purchase of $400 - so the LNL AP with shipping to my place is $363. Wish I'd have waited, as it would have saved me another $25. Limited time, of course....

Latest posts

Top Bottom