New Ithica 1911...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The grips and the checkered (not serrated) slides make it look awkward to me, but I imagine I could get used to the checkered slide over time.

I think it's pretty cool. So we got Colt, Ithaca, Remington, and Springfield (sorta ;)) making now - who's next? Union Switch and Signal? Singer? Kongsberg? :)

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On a somewhat unrelated note, I think it is funny that Springfield (the original company) made 1911s during WWI, but their GI model they market today is an A1 model.

I think they would do well to make a WWI reproduction, like Colt did a few years back. I know it would change the forging a bit with the differences in the frame, slide, etc. But with everyone making these USGI A1s, a WWI repro bearing the name of an original WWI manufacturer would be pretty neat :)

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On a somewhat unrelated note, I think it is funny that Springfield (the original company) made 1911s during WWI, but their GI model they market today is an A1 model.

I think they would do well to make a WWI reproduction, like Colt did a few years back. I know it would change the forging a bit with the differences in the frame, slide, etc. But with everyone making these USGI A1s, a WWI repro bearing the name of an original WWI manufacturer would be pretty neat :)

look at Kimber's 100 year "1911 Anniversary" model... it's an A1.

Most people don't know the differences between the two... but I'll tell you, a true 1911 isn't very comfortable.

eby42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't blink if friggin' Nabisco released an AR-15 at this point, so the new wave of 1911's isn't too surprising. It's neat to see Ithica release one.

Seems like a nice pistol, but I really don't care for all the jeweling. I'd probably go Wilson or Nighthawk for that kind of money, but the more competition the merrier.

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the looks of the springfield Gi, but I just wish it didn't have the lawyer stuff on it. Too bad the remington wasn't more true to the remington rand with roll marks, etc. The only way to get close to a true GI of quality would be finding a Sistema Colt for a decent price.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the looks of the springfield Gi, but I just wish it didn't have the lawyer stuff on it. Too bad the remington wasn't more true to the remington rand with roll marks, etc. The only way to get close to a true GI of quality would be finding a Sistema Colt for a decent price.

I just bought my first 1911, a Colt Series 70 reproduction, as it was about the closest to the original design I could get, from an original GI manufacturer, for a reasonable price.

Sure, there are differences, and there are cheaper, more authentic makes (Rock Island, Springfield), and more expensive more authentic models (like the Colt WWI "Black Army" reproduction), but this was the best compromise of all three criteria.

That, and it's a Colt ;)

The Ithaca is not what I would have expected I think of that company as somewhat nostalgic, being a WWII builder and still making their iconic shotguns. I know they are a fairly high-end manufacturer, but this was over the top of what I thought I would see from them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom