New job numbers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Federal data released Aug. 9 shows that Americans’ wages are dropping again, seven years after President Barack Obama declared the economy had recovered from the property-bubble — and three months before the 2016 election.
The dramatic drop was buried in an Aug. 9 report by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, which said that officials have radically revised their prior claim that wages grew 4.2 percent in the first quarter, from January to March.

the BLS admitted. Compensation also fell another 1.4 percent in the second quarter, from April to June, the BLS admitted in the same report. That’s 2 percent drop in wages since December.

Pay shrank 0.3 percent in 2013, rose a mere 1.1 percent in 2014, but rose a promising 2.7 percent in 2015, according to the BLS.

The wage drop is a potential p.r. problem for Obama, who has been touting the apparent rise in wages since officials reported that wages grew 2.7 percent during 2015.

In June, Obama cited the mistaken 2016 wage-growth claim while arguing the economy was finally helping ordinary Americans. “Let’s get wages rising faster,” Obama declared in a speech at Concord Community High School, Elkhart, Indiana.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That doesnt even make sense. What are you trying to say?
A lot of people don't understand what the numbers really mean. They just take the numbers as the media implies, and that is not accurate. The comment about less people working because the rate went up is not accurate. And some people don't really care what it means they just take what the media tells them. Then they get on a forum like this and act like they know what they are talking about and just look foolish.

Last edited:

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right. I've shown labor statistics backing up my comments, unlike others on here that just pull it out of their ear hole. It's ok you don't understand the numbers, but I would not act like you do. It's too easy to prove wrong.
LMAO your simply comparing unemployment since 1980. I was comparing it over the last few months. Apples n oranges bud.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LMAO your simply comparing unemployment since 1980. I was comparing it over the last few months. Apples n oranges bud.
See, you aren't paying attention. I said the labor participation rate, not the unemployment rate. Those are two totally different things. Do you even know what you arguing about?

Latest posts

Top Bottom