New Kel Tec PF 9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonFrankMc

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Update: The firing pin and spring were tough to get out of the channel. I de-burred the channel and lightly polished the pin and spring following GoldenLoki's notes. I have one question, the barrel appears to be parkerized as well, would its texture slow the slide action and possibly cause the light strikes? Does it need to be polished or leave it alone?

Thanks
Jonathan

JonFrankMc

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read that I a lot of guys are using a dry lubricant inside the channel such as graphite. Are we talking about the graphite that I can get at a hardware store or is it different?

Jonathan

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read that I a lot of guys are using a dry lubricant inside the channel such as graphite. Are we talking about the graphite that I can get at a hardware store or is it different?

Jonathan

regular graphite. I also carry a spray lube when on the range just in case. I will make sure and oil/lube up before heading out.

JonFrankMc

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a different question of sorts. I have noticed that some people have reported that they have had some feeding issues when carrying ammo other than FMJ. I know that I have a lever action 308 that is tough to feed so we spray the ammo with silicone spray and let it dry. Does anyone do this and do you think it will help?

idleclamp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have spent hours at ktog, thanks for pointing me in that direction. I went to the range for the first time with this gun today and I had several misfires with 3 different brands of ammo, seems to be having a light strikes. Is this typical to break in?

I had several problems with the first 100 rounds in my PF9. Honestly, I was ready to sell it. If I couldn't trust it to go bang, I didn't want it as a CCW. I did some research, did some fluffing and buffing, and went out again. It's been flawless since. For some reason it needs some breaking in. I then had the slide cerakoted by olyeller. I've recently added a Comp-tac Minotaur holster and absolutely love the combination. I hope this helps.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I had several problems with the first 100 rounds in my PF9. Honestly, I was ready to sell it. If I couldn't trust it to go bang, I didn't want it as a CCW. I did some research, did some fluffing and buffing, and went out again. It's been flawless since. For some reason it needs some breaking in. I then had the slide cerakoted by olyeller. I've recently added a Comp-tac Minotaur holster and absolutely love the combination. I hope this helps.

This is EXACTLY why anyone who is serious about taking responsibility for their own safety, and carrying a weapon, should shoot said weapon a considerable amount (the more the better) before carrying it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom