New Pistol! Colt Gov't Model 1911 in 9mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The 38 Super either in the Government or Commander size 1911, has very little recoil. IMHO One of the best SD rounds there is. Most people will tell you don't get one if you don't reload, ammo is hard to come by and is expensive. I don't reload and never had a problem finding ammo, granted you won't find it at Wal-Mart. Target ammo at H&H which is usually high sells Fiocchi for a little over $21 a box of 50

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I almost put this pistol up for trade for a Colt or Ruger Commander in 9mm, but decided to keep it and just save up and buy a new Commander later. (Kinda got my eye on the new Colt XE Lightweight Model or maybe the Ruger Lightweight CMD in 9mm). This Colt Gummint is one of those pistols that just feels and shoots right. The weight is a benefit, that front sight just falls right back on target after a slight recoil. When Jimmy shot it, he was whining that it had "too much kick" but I believe the 1911 Government Model is a man's gun after all. It sure is a treat to own and shoot this fine pistol. I traded a Ruger SR1911 Stainless Steel CMD in .45ACP plus some cash for this gun; the Ruger was a great pistol, and had a fabulous trigger, but I already had a Colt LW Cmdr in .45, and I really wanted a 9mm. I just need more discretionary funds now so I can add another 1911 9mm to the safe!

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
<----- I was thinking about getting a 1911 in 9mm ... and then I shoot my Browning.

LOL. Yeah, I get it; that Browning is tough to beat for sure, but if one carries a 1911 in .45ACP, then the same platform in 9mm just seems to make sense to me. I'll tell you what, this Colt Govt in 9mm will make a believer out of you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom