New Predator Gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ai35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_0831101458.jpg

Was in New Mexico for an archery elk hunt last week and saw this coyote on the day before season opened. My partner squeaked it up to 35 yards and I shot it with my Kahr CW9 carry pistol. Federal +P HP's did the trick.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
you shot that with a 4" pistol? Good lord man how far away was he?

Good shot, my FIL told me I couldn't shoot a squirrel with a glock 22 one time.. The trauma of a short range shot to his little body probably would of killed him, but he just froze to the tree despite the massive hole in his side.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those are my binos Bart. I have had those for 15 yrs. He bought some because I liked them so well. The elk hunt was great although I did not get one. I carried the recurve the first week and probably would have killed one if I had the compound. I got it out after that first week and carried it and should have shot a cow Friday night but I hesitated and tried to use my laser to range her and she walked out of my shooting lane before I could get the shot off. We were into elk just about every day. Saw multiple herds, lots of bulls and bunches of cows. Just could not get close enough to put it together. My partner passed up shots on a spike bull and several cows the first few days and then never got close again. He did come within feet of shooting a 300" 6x6 on Thursday night of this week but was waiting for it to stop and it never quit chasing the cows and finally chased them all out of the meadow he was in. It was definitely the best public land hunt I have ever been on other than unit 76 in Colorado, which takes 10 years to draw a tag.

Latest posts

Top Bottom