New Texoma striper record

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We use a 1 1/2 once jig head with a zoom super salty fluke and just drop it down just like live bait and let it sit. The striper will tap it just like a crappie you have to be very quick to get the bite. We started doing this in 2010 and have perfected it and have shown a lot of people. we have also shown a lot of the other guides how to do it and it is catching on very fast. it only works when the water temps are below 57 and is at its best in January and February If you have never done it you need to get out and try it. We can teach you how to do it and once you do it once it is all you will want to do.

OK, gotcha.

Same as crappie. Some want an active jig, and some want to just inhale the jig, mouth it and swim away. Tough bite to detect.

Braid helps detect the bite when fishing deep.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
yup i was told only briad line and after getting on top of fish they put a trolling motor half in and half out of the water at slowest speed they say it will keep the fish under the boat IDK???

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never thought in a million years that fishing in freezing weather, bundled up like the kid from A Christmas Story would be fun. Then I found deadsticking.

Latest posts

Top Bottom