Recommendations for Texoma trip and fishing guide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Best guide I have used last 3 years Hookin J owned by Dylan Jones Fishes out of Alberta Creek Marina
I took your advice and went with him last week. I was actually with a guy he shares bookings with, whose clients had cancelled. It was just me Fishing with the guide. We caught 17-18 stripers. We never had to travel far. I’ll go again this fall with my son. The guide I was with was “Wingo‘s guide service”.

Last edited:

Jlingle

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Me and a couple buddies are going down this weekend with our 3 boys. We aren’t gonna hire a guide, just gonna fiddle around trying to find bait and see what we can get done on our own. We have a couple cabins booked at the Sheppard AF annex on the Texas side. It’ll be fun, regardless.

Broncos

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took your advice and went with him last week. I was actually with a guy he shares bookings with, whose clients had cancelled. It was just me Fishing with the guide. We caught 17-18 stripers. We never had to travel far. I’ll go again this fall with my son. The guide I was with was “Wingo‘s guide service”.
Have done a two boat with Dylan and trey On the water they are like twins Work well together

superslomo

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great stories guys. BUT using a guide service, WITH a fish finder, is like hunting humans at a grocery store. That ain't fishing LOL. Might as well go to a fish hatchery and get your limit. Or a grocery store.:D

I'm booking my trip when the weather cools off. LOL Such a hypocrite I know. I want my reel pulled off the rod action. Got to love it!!!

Last edited:

superslomo

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Texas side record is 35.12 oz. Oklahoma side record is 27.29 oz. Just to put a little perspective on the fish stories you've been told!
That makes total sense. All I've seen are smaller way under 10lb fish PICTURES. I asked a couple guides about how many pounds could I possibly take home. Number was a lot smaller that I heard about. Several say they average in the 2-5lb range at Texoma. Sometimes maybe get into bigger fish.

Broncos

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That makes total sense. All I've seen are smaller way under 10lb fish PICTURES. I asked a couple guides about how many pounds could I possibly take home. Number was a lot smaller that I heard about. Several say they average in the 2-5lb range at Texoma. Sometimes maybe get into bigger fish.
Best eating size A 5 lb one fights harder than any other 5lb fish I have ever caught

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom