new to shotguns...need help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikey176293

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok guys..I know everyone will have an opinion, but i've never been really into shotguns, but i'm wanting to buy one to shoot some clay with. Im not wanting to spend over $500. I really like ones with a raised or raisable comb. Ive had a regular 870 express a few years back and want something nicer than that. Im open to pump or semi. Im trying to narrow down. Supernova? remington wingmaster? remington 1100? weatherby (assuming I could get a good deal on a used one of coarse) not sure exactly how much they go for. Which ones are more reliable? and also does anybody know if there is a monte carlo/raised cheek piece for weatherby semi's? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Fister

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If your open to used I would look for a beretta or a benelli. You can find them under $500 if you look around.

I would find a dealer with a Southern Ohio Gun (SOG) catalog / flier. They always have used berettas for sub $500 it seems. They are pretty nice too.

farmer17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For a pump shotgun its pretty hard to beat an 870. A friend bought one of the over/under Yildiz shotguns that are made in Turkey and sold at Academy. He likes it and I shot it and was pretty impressed for an O/U shotgun under 500 bucks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom