New to Tulsa, what should I see, do or eat?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cboss

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just wondering what things I should check out as a new resident. Feel free to recommend anything. Last week I drove around Skiatook (where I live) and Collinsville (Checked out a LGS there). I go into Tulsa for work at least once a week. What are some must have foods in the area? Are there any events (firearm related or not) that I should check out when they occur? I plan on spending some time this week to check out some churches in the area.

The only other thing on my list right now is paying a visit to this guy...

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lots of good eating in the Tulsa area. I just visit there as well, but gonna have to check out that dog guy too.

The dog guy probably would despair of me. Hot dog. Bun. BBQ sauce. That’s it.

OP, it would help if you could narrow it down to one or two cuisines. There’s a LOT of good eating in town.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The dog guy probably would despair of me. Hot dog. Bun. BBQ sauce. That’s it.

OP, it would help if you could narrow it down to one or two cuisines. There’s a LOT of good eating in town.
Lordy Lordy, mustard goes on hotdogs ! :faint:

Last edited:

cboss

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I should have clarified in my OP that I am new to Tulsa and Oklahoma, so I have no reference for Oklahoman food. I'm originally from the Eastern Shore of Maryland, so I grew up on seafood from the Chesapeake Bay. It's a rural area of farmers and watermen. I spent the last 10 years in San Diego between my Navy service and staying there because my parents retired out there. Needless to say, I have a fondness for Mexican food now.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you care for pizza then you gotta hit La Roma at 61st and Sheridan! I don’t really care for phone zzz but DANG !! That place is good !!

Latest posts

Top Bottom