New to Tulsa, what should I see, do or eat?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ifishok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well welcome to Oklahoma, glad you’re here. My son is in Maryland at the Academy. So I’m a little familiar with the seafood there, boathouse and pussers. I may have spelled that wrong but oh well. As far as food goes here, everything cost a ton these days, but my wife and I like Kilkenny's, and Nola’s.

cboss

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well welcome to Oklahoma, glad you’re here. My son is in Maryland at the Academy. So I’m a little familiar with the seafood there, boathouse and pussers. I may have spelled that wrong but oh well. As far as food goes here, everything cost a ton these days, but my wife and I like Kilkenny's, and Nola’s.
Conrgarts to your son, I hope he enjoys it there. My mom worked at the Academy for 20ish years. I used to go there after school everyday so I could get a glimpse of David Robinson while I waited for her to get off work.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I should have clarified in my OP that I am new to Tulsa and Oklahoma, so I have no reference for Oklahoman food. I'm originally from the Eastern Shore of Maryland, so I grew up on seafood from the Chesapeake Bay. It's a rural area of farmers and watermen. I spent the last 10 years in San Diego between my Navy service and staying there because my parents retired out there. Needless to say, I have a fondness for Mexican food now.
I know how you feel. I'm from the Suffolk, Va. area and moved here in 1978. I miss the seafood and Carolina style pork BBQ the most. Somethings they don't have here at least by what we called them are NABs, snaps, and dandoodle. Ask for those and you get the blank look. I have a salt cured ham hanging near my desk. My wife keeps asking me when I want to cook it and I keep putting her off because I love the smell of it too much.

Latest posts

Top Bottom