New to Tulsa, what should I see, do or eat?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

user 51785

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Food is good, not great, and a bit overpriced. However there is a good selection and it is fun to walk around. Parking is a nightmare.
i love dr kustom. not cheap but worth it imho. agreed parking is a nightmare but i walk over from red castle indoor range when i go there to shoot. i also like the nashville hot chicken at chicken and the wolf, but it aint as good as the hot chicken in nashville.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I should have clarified in my OP that I am new to Tulsa and Oklahoma, so I have no reference for Oklahoman food. I'm originally from the Eastern Shore of Maryland, so I grew up on seafood from the Chesapeake Bay. It's a rural area of farmers and watermen. I spent the last 10 years in San Diego between my Navy service and staying there because my parents retired out there. Needless to say, I have a fondness for Mexican food now.
Go get you a big chicken fried steak with some mash potatoes and gravy. I don’t live in Tulsa but I’m sure there is a place that has them. It’s a southern delicacy!! Go to Teds for Mexican.

And most importantly, thank you for your service to this great nation. Welcome to the best state in this country!

jacouls

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has said this yet and it might be controversial but Wolacroc kinda sucks. The museum is fine and worth seeing once, but the rest is more kid oriented and even with kids it's not great. Maybe we've gone during the wrong time of year or whatever. I'm more excited to see Gilcrease once they're done rebuilding and adding more trails.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My favorite burger in the Tulsa area is Flo's. There's a location in Tulsa, but the one in Catoosa is more convenient for me. It's on the south side of I-44, kinda catty-corned from the Hard Rock, at 193rd and Admiral.

I'll second Andolini's Pizza. That's some good eats.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My favorite burger in the Tulsa area is Flo's. There's a location in Tulsa, but the one in Catoosa is more convenient for me. It's on the south side of I-44, kinda catty-corned from the Hard Rock, at 193rd and Admiral.

I'll second Andolini's Pizza. That's some good eats.
Had a burger there last Saturday. One of the top burger joints around Tulsa.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since you live in Skiatook you might think about a membership to Red Castle Gun Club on the John Zink Ranch.
As far a dining I recommend Brothers Houligan, BurnCo BBQ, NOLA'S, Siegi's Sausage Factory & Restaurant, Smoke on Cherry Street and Remington's when it's decorated during the Christmas holidays.
In the fall take a ride down to the Talimena Drive, camp at Cedar Lake and visit the Heavener Runestone Park.
Burnco, burnt so you gotta go to Jenks. Bros. Houligan on 15th closed a couple weeks ago. So you gotta hit the one on 48th & Yale

Latest posts

Top Bottom