New Winchester coyote/varmint caliber for 2013?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hondafire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw a deal on another forum that had a link to Winchesters new 2013 rimfire. A .17 Win Super Magnum. Shoots a 20 or 25 grain bullet at over 3000 fps. They say it will be comparable to a centerfire! Anyways, a round like this will sure open up more hunting on areas that are open to rimfire only. Sure wish they would hurry up and let out what rifle it will be on and it browning will be making a rifle for that caliber as well.

Swine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
its not a rimfire but the Hornady 17 hornet is pushing a 20grain bullet 3600+ at the muzzle. Ruger already makes a rifle for it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So many calibers now just overlap performance of other rounds. I'm betting I'll be able to reload my .22-250 to equal or out perform this new round with a heavier bullet at the same price per round, or cheaper.

Hondafire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bet your right Dennis. I wouldnt dare take this out over my 22-250 or 204........unless I was going to the Waurike WMA. There it is RIMFIRE or SHOTGUN only. That would be the only situation this round will be in my pocket.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bet your right Dennis. I wouldnt dare take this out over my 22-250 or 204........unless I was going to the Waurike WMA. There it is RIMFIRE or SHOTGUN only. That would be the only situation this round will be in my pocket.

What do they shoot there that is rimfire or shotgun only? Is it a wma or something with special regs?

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are actually several wma's that are shotgun or rim fire only. I was thinking the same as Hondafire when I first heard about the round last week.

Latest posts

Top Bottom