Newbie needs O/U shotgun advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you know anyone that offers lessons and the cost?
I might be interested.

As already mentioned, Gene Sears in El Reno, and Silverleaf Shotgun sports in Guthrie have certified shotgun instructiors that can be hired.
I'm sure there are others.
Three guys from Ponca went to a 5 state regional trap shoot two years ago. Between the three of them,
there were 3 misses out of 1000 rounds, and they placed third.......... The cheapest trap gun among them is an $8000 Kreigoff. They order shot by the ton to make practice reloads.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shot sporting clays today. I got to use a new Beretta O/U and a new Browning Cynergy. I had three 8 round stations with the Beretta where I only hit 1 for 8. Shooting the Browning I had two 7-8's and one perfect 8-8. I had no idea how much difference there is between those shotguns. The beretta was close to $2k and the Browning was over $2k. I have heard a few people say they didn't care for the cynergy but I am sold on it.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shot sporting clays today. I got to use a new Beretta O/U and a new Browning Cynergy. I had three 8 round stations with the Beretta where I only hit 1 for 8. Shooting the Browning I had two 7-8's and one perfect 8-8. I had no idea how much difference there is between those shotguns. The beretta was close to $2k and the Browning was over $2k. I have heard a few people say they didn't care for the cynergy but I am sold on it.

The difference is that one probably fits you better. Both are fine shotguns.

Latest posts

Top Bottom