Nickel Plating Maitenance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With the new stainless steels makers are using, I haven't used Rig in years. Used to be the go-to to prevent galling. Its probably fine.

Nickle offers increased lubricity, so, by nature, it works very well with the Teflon/synthetic lubes. Hey, you can use Mobil 1, but as far as being generally easier to clean and subjectively "slicker" the synthetics have it.

Lucky13

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With the new stainless steels makers are using, I haven't used Rig in years. Used to be the go-to to prevent galling. Its probably fine.

Nickle offers increased lubricity, so, by nature, it works very well with the Teflon/synthetic lubes. Hey, you can use Mobil 1, but as far as being generally easier to clean and subjectively "slicker" the synthetics have it.

Good to know. Thank you very much.

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm glad I read this thread, I use Hoppe's on everything. I don't have anything with a nickle finish yet, but I can see myself screwing up a nice gun out of "oh $#@!, I didn't know the old #9 would take nickle plating off."

Latest posts

Top Bottom