NICS instant backround check has been down for over 2 hours!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gaseous maximus

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It is probably down because there are so many people buying guns right now. I hope that is the reason.
Probably, that and the fact that they may have laid off everyone there, except for the poor girl,noted above. If so it's probably in anticipation, of the "over the cliff event, brought on by obstinate republicans, don,t you know!

flybeech

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
[NICSFFLUPDATES] NICS Customer Service Calls:

"Effective immediately, due to high call volumes, the NICS Section will not be taking Customer Service related calls until after December 25, 2012. These types of calls include but are not limited to; NICS transaction status checks, Appeal or Voluntary Appeal File related questions, and general NICS related questions. This modification has been put into place to process the incoming NICS background checks as efficiently as possible. Thank you and we apologize for any inconvenience.

The NICS Section has been overwhelmingly busy. This past Saturday, many of you experienced extended wait times, busy circuits etc. The NICS E-Check has been running, with little delay to no delay. Saturday, the average NICS E-Check transaction took 13.36 seconds to be pulled for processing and 49.75 seconds to complete processing. If you are interested, in enrolling with the NICS E-Check to avoid extended wait times for you and your customers and to be able to check you transactions status 24/7 visit the NICS FFL Web site @ <www.fbi.gov/nics-ffl>."

The eCheck is working fine. I don't know why everyone would waste their time hanging on the phone when we still have the internet.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[NICSFFLUPDATES] NICS Customer Service Calls:

"Effective immediately, due to high call volumes, the NICS Section will not be taking Customer Service related calls until after December 25, 2012. These types of calls include but are not limited to; NICS transaction status checks, Appeal or Voluntary Appeal File related questions, and general NICS related questions. This modification has been put into place to process the incoming NICS background checks as efficiently as possible. Thank you and we apologize for any inconvenience.

The NICS Section has been overwhelmingly busy. This past Saturday, many of you experienced extended wait times, busy circuits etc. The NICS E-Check has been running, with little delay to no delay. Saturday, the average NICS E-Check transaction took 13.36 seconds to be pulled for processing and 49.75 seconds to complete processing. If you are interested, in enrolling with the NICS E-Check to avoid extended wait times for you and your customers and to be able to check you transactions status 24/7 visit the NICS FFL Web site @ <www.fbi.gov/nics-ffl>."

The eCheck is working fine. I don't know why everyone would waste their time hanging on the phone when we still have the internet.

I thought it could be done online now?

Gregg

Yeah ok. Then I have to pay for yellow paper, a dedicated printer, and ink.

I am not paying anymore to the damn government.

Who likes the 10 dollar transfer fees?

Latest posts

Top Bottom