Night Vision

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a couple. What do you call cheap? My gen 2 tube is about $1200. It is very useable and functional. You can identify game out to 75 yards or so, i.e. tell the difference between a hog and a coyote. My Gen 3 is ridiculous in its resolution, but it was pricey.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1200 is pricey, I'm curious about the gen 1's with illuminators, I've seen a few online in the 150-300$ range. Just would like to see if anyone has used them before so I'm not just wasting money getting a cheapo

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The cheapest version of night vision is essentially IR illumination with something that picks up IR reflection (i.e. digital cameras). You can get the toy versions (EyeClops makes two or three sets) and enhance them with an IR flashlight (or just build your own IR light by adding a home-made filter to a spot-light).

If you want to build your own, any camera with "night shot" capability will work and any older camera before they put IR filters in will work as well (lots of those out there for cheap).

Latest posts

Top Bottom