NJ Senator "Confiscate"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am ashamed to say I was born and raised in New Jersey....growing up there, you don't notice the constant restrictions and hold they maintained on you ...like the highest property taxes in the country to compensate and pay for the almost 700 independent school districts in the state (each superintendent makes $100k +!). It was when I moved away to New Hampshire and then ultimately to this state that I had something to compare it to. I remember wanting to learn to shoot a handgun and at 21...the required legal age to purchase a gun in NJ...going to buy one made me feel like a criminal. You had to turn an "application" in at the local PD and have an interview with one of the Detectives as to why you wanted it, etc. They really make it so you cant have one...after you applied you had to wait 12...yes, 12 weeks for the process to be complete. They do not call you when the permit to purchase comes in...you have to keep calling in to ask. And, when the permit is approved,you are given 30 or 60 days to buy and handgun so you needed to keep calling because if you missed the window.....yep, you needed to start the process all over again. I can say, unequivocally, No way in hell would I move back there. The only thing I do miss is the food! Going back in June to visit family if anyone wants me to bring back some good bagels let me know!

Bagels? You ain't been here here long enough if you that's good....

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only thing I do miss is the food! Going back in June to visit family if anyone wants me to bring back some good bagels let me know!

I was stationed in NJ in the Army at Ft Monmouth when in tech school.
I'd love some of that pizza from the little joint on the boardwalk on the board walk at Asbury Park. I lived right across the street from it in an apartment.
You could feed 6 hungry men with one of the 18" New York style pizza's!

spcbrindley

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to agree with Maverick. I too am from jersey. You don't really think about the restrictions that the state has untill you live in a "free state". My father had his long gun permit, he told me how it was a pain just to get that. By the way the bagels there are the best. Oh how I wish we had even a dunkin dounuts. I can't wait to go back to visit family in Toms River, sausage sammich from midway in seaside!

Maverick1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was stationed in NJ in the Army at Ft Monmouth when in tech school.
I'd love some of that pizza from the little joint on the boardwalk on the board walk at Asbury Park. I lived right across the street from it in an apartment.
You could feed 6 hungry men with one of the 18" New York style pizza's!

Lol...hope it's still there after the hurricane! See.....even NJ has some thing good to offer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom