No CC at the gunshow, right? :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just making sure... my understanding has been that they don't allow CCWs. Kinda stupid, but them's the rules. One reason I haven't been in 3 years. But I'm going today and am trying to figure out the best way to do things.

Thinking of bringing my CCW and the storage box for it, unloading at the door and having them put the zip-tie or whatever on it. Then, when I leave, as I get out the door, reloading and back into the holster for the walk to the truck.

Maybe it sounds a bit dramatic... I'm not sure if they have security in the parking lot, but I don't want to leave my weapon in the truck if I can avoid it, and also carrying cash to spend at the show makes everyone a target.

Just not sure how they would feel about me unloading my CCW at the door, and reloading and holstering.

Anyone done this?

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know about the CCW at the show, I would imagine with all the stupid people last few years that have accidently fired off rounds from guns at the booth, that they would still say no to CCW. I don't blame you a bit for not wanting to leave the gun in the vehicle. People who know anything about the show would lnow you can't carry and may think to hit parked cars on the good chance they have guns inside. On a side note, I don't know they feeling they would have with you unloading the gun in front of them in the show, but I don't have the balls to try it! Good luck!!!

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you will carry your CCW into a store with a gun buster sign why would you do any different at a gun show? Concealed is concealed isn't?

Speaking to me, personally? I've never said anything about that.

Can't carry live rounds into guns shows either.Even if its just a few in your pocket.
Well, that pretty well answers my question. No point in even trying to carry in an empty weapon. Great... I hope they have security working the parking lots. Does seem like a great spot for thieves to hit.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking to me, personally? I've never said anything about that.

No not directly to you, but if you were out and wanted to go into a store that was posted with a gun buster sign what would you do? Enter armed anyway, return to the truck put your gun away and return with out any means to protect yourself, or just go to another store that wasn't posted?

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What are they going to do if your caught carrying? I'm the type of idiot that doesn't see signs. I went to a gun show about a month ago and had my ccw with me. Didn't even see the signs until I was leaving. Not that it would have mattered. I would have carried anyway.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What are they going to do if your caught carrying? I'm the type of idiot that doesn't see signs. I went to a gun show about a month ago and had my ccw with me. Didn't even see the signs until I was leaving. Not that it would have mattered. I would have carried anyway.

Maybe ask you to leave.I'm sure many people "forget" they are carrying or "miss seeing" the signs.HAHAHAHA

Latest posts

Top Bottom