"No Firearms Allowed" Signs, with additional information

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What they do on their property is just as much their right to me as carrying a gun is to me.

Explain to them why you won't do business with them - nicely or just ignore the sign (if carrying concealed)

But messing with their sign is just juvenile and makes all gun owners look bad

Agreed.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bad idea and disrespectful. It's their right. You can certainly try to have discussions with them to change their opinion, but at the end of the day it's their decision and their right as property owners and at some point there's a line. You either put up with the sign and shop there unarmed or take your business elsewhere. Defacing someone's sign or property is a bit childish and they're entitled to having their own opinions and exercising their rights within their property without someone who disagrees with them defacing their property.

Is it ok for an atheist to go to any business or car with a cross or fish to childishly slap a sticker in the shape of the fish that says "DARWIN" right on it or inside it? Maybe some extended text about how Christianity is just a myth or vice versa. Bet that wouldn't go over too well, would it? There's a number of other topics where this wouldn't even fly and would be similarly childish and would yield similar results / repercussions.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
From hrdware's post.....
2. A felony, if the damage, defacement or destruction causes a loss which has an aggregate value of One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00) or more

It doesn't take long to rack up a $1000 bill on anything anymore, and it says aggregate value.............something tells me they could come up with a $1000 loss easily if they wanted to, and then you get to own or carry no guns. Not worth it.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK, this was just a midnight flash thought about the additional sticker. Consensus of opinion and different angles of thinking about things usually helps, it really was a bad idea. Thanks for the comments

Get some business cards printed up similar to the jpg in my sig line and pass them out to the managers of the places that post no guns signs. Might give them something to think about, if not no harm no foul.

We do have some of the www.BuckeyeFirearms.org "No Guns = No Money" cards to hand out while I am talking with someone about their signs. If you have not seen them, you might take a look. Very straight forward informative, already setup and printed, ready to be delivered in the mail, and relatively inexpensive for a few.

Again, thanks for all the reply's and comments.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No. I'd rather see signs that said "This business hires illegal aliens". This issue is far more important than a few people not getting to open carry. Plus the Open Carry people brought all this stuff down on us themselves. If they would have just kept quite and not made a public spectacle out of the passage of the law no new signs would have popped up. You reap what you sew. Going around defacing signs on private property is just going to hack more people off..
I care about businesses hiring illegal aliens as well but that has nothing to do with the safety of me and my family. This is about gunbuster signs not illegal aliens. You sound like you are against people carrying openly. I wanted it to pass but it doesn't mean that I carry in the open. I have done it but just to do it. I always carry concealed. And not because of the "element of surprise". I hate hearing people say that. When you are faced with a life and death situation you aren't going to be worried about surprising your assailant. I wanted OC to pass so that I could wear certain holsters that stick out too far without being arrested for printing. Or perhaps I reach up to get something in a store and someone sees my pistol and panics. Those are the main reasons that I wanted it to pass. And I can guarantee you this, drawing your weapon when you are OC'ing is a lot easier than when you are concealed carrying. Your shirt almost always gets in the way when carrying concealed. And I haven't heard or seen anyone make a public spectacle of OC. I don't know where you got that from. Anyone that supports the second amendment should have wanted it to pass. Sounds to me like you don't.

Red Earth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have only run into two GB signs in our little town. I have spoken with both business owners about their decisions. I was unable to make them change their minds but offered them replacement signs. They read: We respect your Second Amendment right, Please keep it Concealed.

I am in the printing/advertising/screen printing/embroidery etc. business, and offer this sticker for free for any business willing to remove the NO Firearms Allowed sticker.

I am not in favor of Open Carry in public, but respect the right.

Watham41.... I will be making a few of those cards!

Phil

P97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's very simple for me. I notify them with my absence from their Stores. If every gun-owner would stop trading where the signs are, they would disappear in a hurry. Anyone that tries to prohibit me from exercising my Constitutional rights, is not going to get any business from me, except the Government, and I don't have any choice there.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is the right of that business to allow concealed carry people or not. It is up to you if you would like to frequent a business that prohibits concealed carry. Our getting a CCW is not intended for us to "protect" people in general It is to remove the threat brought to us that we believe requires deadly force to remove the threat. Your not a cop just because you have a CCW. Leave this issue alone and mind your own business, you will be much better off if you do so. Just my opinion of course.

We got a CWL to protect ourselves. We can't protect ourselves if we don't have our weapon. As much as I would like to put some smart ass comment below a gunbuster sign I don't think it will help. Expressing our opinion to the manager or owners is the best way to go about it. Be open and honest and if the change isn't made go else where.

Latest posts

Top Bottom