No more Fords for me!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

11b1776

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oklahoma dealers were all 10k, and 5k over sticker, some may have been MSRP, but knew better deals were out there. Muskogee dealer was 5k over, and he said that was a deal, Mathews Ford was 10K, I laughed in his face and told him, I would never waste my time with them again, ever!

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn't GM take a bailout?

Wasn't the only reason Ford decided to take out a huge loan from the bank to keep them alive instead of the bailout because the CEO refused to take a pay cut like the GM and Chrysler CEOs did???
IIRC he was going to take the bailout at first. Til the pay cut came in to play.

Anyway, back on topic
The dealership called me today and asked if I would come back in. Wanted to know what it would take to get me in that truck lol
I told them to f*ck off that id never go back in there.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wasn't the only reason Ford decided to take out a huge loan from the bank to keep them alive instead of the bailout because the CEO refused to take a pay cut like the GM and Chrysler CEOs did???
IIRC he was going to take the bailout at first. Til the pay cut came in to play.

Anyway, back on topic
The dealership called me today and asked if I would come back in. Wanted to know what it would take to get me in that truck lol

Ford took a loan from the government for the purpose of developing hybrid and EV technology. They did this before the bailouts occurred. Completely different than being bankrupt and then bailed out by the government. It had nothing to do with pay cuts for the CEO.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, no. Not even close. Ford arranged their lines of credit (with private firms) in '06, well before the financial crisis. That's why they weren't there begging for money.
IIRC he was going to take the bailout at first.
Your recollection and reality aren't even in the same zip code. Mulally went to the Hill with the CEOs of Chryco and GM to make sure that they got bailed out, and he did that primarily because Ford's estimate was that they'd be able to build cars for about two weeks after a GM bankruptcy before they ran out of parts as GM's failure took out the suppliers. There was talk about a possible line of credit for Ford in case the economic downturn was worse than Ford's worst case scenario, but neither actually happened.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Anyway, back on topic

For the love of all things holy never, ever give them your phone number.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, no. Not even close. Ford arranged their lines of credit (with private firms) in '06, well before the financial crisis. That's why they weren't there begging for money.

I had to go back and find where I read that.
But I did and read it wrong. Backwards actually lol
It read, Ford said Mulally would take a pay cut to $1 a year if they took the bail out. What it meant was Mulally himself promised that that's what he'd do. Not be forced to do it....

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I tried to special order a Fiesta with a five speed manual transmission, manual windows, and a conventional key with a key entry door, from Red River Ford in Durant. No dice. Basically take what's available. It's the same with Chevrolet in Tishomingo; I wanted a 5 speed standard Spark with manual windows - it was a no can do. It's like they want you to depend on their service departments for the jet fighter technologies present in so many modern vehicles. $600 dollar car keys for a Toyota Prius for example. Am holding on to my clunkers, because they are paid off and I can pull routine maintenance on them. I can even see the ground when I pop the hood.

Latest posts

Top Bottom