No more Fords for me!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been in there a few times trying to work deals. They were chit every time.
Last time they kept dicking me around on my trade. I kept telling them no way! Sales manger just talked chit saying I couldn't get what I wanted anywhere. Went to my typical Chevy dealer and got $3k more then I was trying to get them to give me.

mksmth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Try a different dealer. I mean Matthews isnt the only one selling Raptors.

a few years ago I was in what used to be United ford buying a new explorer. I was pretty good friends with the salesman. they had a GT 40 in the showroom. MSRP was for $140k. He told me it would take a minimum of $200k for it to leave the lot.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since you're a Chevy guy, but are eyeballing Raptors, why not wait until next month and pick up a Reaper? It's GM's answer to the Raptor:

1.bp.blogspot.com__SMjzNUC_TYs_UuffE9Pz2yI_AAAAAAAP5Rs_gpQOAAA0ako_s1600_Chevrolet_Reaper_1.jpg

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2014/01/27/chevrolet-reaper-ready-to-romp/

Curious question and feel free to tell me to cram it with walnuts, but why are you buying new trucks every 10 months? I could understand if these are commercial/utility trucks for your fleet, but it sounds like these are personal vehicles. I thought my dad was crazy for buying a new car every 2 years when I was young.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes i was, and what happened Saturday just reiderates why I don't care for them. But like I said, I was gonna give it a fighting chance.

What's funny about the "high demand" part. I drive by that dealership a few times a week. Those same 3 Raptors have been sitting there for months now. Now I see why...
It's actually up to the dealership on if they want to honor the discount or not. They have the option it's just Ford won't back it.

I'm sure there's dealerships that will make a better price. But seeing how it's a truck I never really cared for to begin with, that little encounter really pushed me away from them even more.

If you weren't a fan of the Raptor before this incident, I have a feeling that taking a drive in one wouldn't have won you over anyway. You don't really need a truck patterned after a baja truck anyway do you? Try test driving an FX4 before going back to the Chevy. A loaded FX4 will have most of the options that the Raptor does, but will be much cheaper, much more pleasant to drive, and will have better fuel economy. Plus the rebates and incentives would actually apply on that model.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since you're a Chevy guy, but are eyeballing Raptors, why not wait until next month and pick up a Reaper? It's GM's answer to the Raptor:

1.bp.blogspot.com__SMjzNUC_TYs_UuffE9Pz2yI_AAAAAAAP5Rs_gpQOAAA0ako_s1600_Chevrolet_Reaper_1.jpg

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2014/01/27/chevrolet-reaper-ready-to-romp/

Curious question and feel free to tell me to cram it with walnuts, but why are you buying new trucks every 10 months? I could understand if these are commercial/utility trucks for your fleet, but it sounds like these are personal vehicles. I thought my dad was crazy for buying a new car every 2 years when I was young.

They'd been calling that truck the ZR2 and I knew they'd talked about actually releasing it.
Didn't know it was coming out in a month. I'll deffinatly look into it now
Why do I buy trucks all the time???
Use to I did it cause I got smoking deals on them all the time. Had two good friends that were managers for Chevy and they'd hook me up (like $24k for a new loaded Crew Cab Z71). I could get them cheep enough that I could keep them for a year then sell or trade them in without taking a loss. Lately it's been cause my vehicle needs change.
But mostly, cause I just like trucks LOL

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you weren't a fan of the Raptor before this incident, I have a feeling that taking a drive in one wouldn't have won you over anyway. You don't really need a truck patterned after a baja truck anyway do you? Try test driving an FX4 before going back to the Chevy. A loaded FX4 will have most of the options that the Raptor does, but will be much cheaper, much more pleasant to drive, and will have better fuel economy. Plus the rebates and incentives would actually apply on that model.

Actually I have, drove a nutted out EcoBoost for a little bit when they first come out. Didn't care for it...
Plus I've owned two newer FX4 Super Duties. And no, I don't need a baja truck either. But I prefer bigger V8s and like the 6.2 (both ford and Chevys). The Raptor is the only option to get one in a 1/2 ton.
But you're probably right, a test drive probably woukdvt have won me over. Especially with that price tag...
But I'm pretty open minded when it comes to trucks so I still wanted to give it a fair shake.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dealerships are under no obligation to honor any manufacturer discount programs and as it has been previously stated, there are vehicles for which there are no A/X/D (Ford) GMS/GDS/GSU (GM) incentives or offers. I was fortunate to get my 2013 Sierra Crew Cab SLT Z71 4wd All Terrain with a $47k sticker for about $34k after all GDS incentives had been applied. If you don't like the price being quoted, blame the dealer, not the manufacturer. The internet is your friend. You can find most dealer's websites and negotiate a deal right from your comfy couch. Shop and save. You'll find a dealer ready to move some metal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom