No more Fords for me!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen nothing but bad with the Titan, they are pretty much the bottom of the barrel in full size trucks.
The Tundra.... They are nice, my buddy has a sweet one. But they are nothing but problems. Ask any Toyota mechanic, they'll all tell you they wouldn't own one. They've dubbed Toyota the new "Recall King"!
One I know said he's swapped out so many 5.7s it's not even funny. He hates that truck cause he so tired of working on them. Engines, air injection issues, brakes and horrible drive shaft issues. He said last night he can't wait to get to work this morning and see the line of Tundras he'll have to work on today.
Said he changed a 5.7 out the other day that only had 7000 miles on it.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HMMM, a couple of my friends have them, they are into sand buggys and four wheelers.

They use them to haul theyre toys all over...never heard any complaints, but Ya never know I guess

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
From the title I was assuming that you have an issue with Fords. The problem is obviously the dealer, find one that isn't such a *********.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen nothing but bad with the Titan, they are pretty much the bottom of the barrel in full size trucks.
The Tundra.... They are nice, my buddy has a sweet one. But they are nothing but problems. Ask any Toyota mechanic, they'll all tell you they wouldn't own one. They've dubbed Toyota the new "Recall King"!
One I know said he's swapped out so many 5.7s it's not even funny. He hates that truck cause he so tired of working on them. Engines, air injection issues, brakes and horrible drive shaft issues. He said last night he can't wait to get to work this morning and see the line of Tundras he'll have to work on today.
Said he changed a 5.7 out the other day that only had 7000 miles on it.

This post is funny. I have owned a 2008, 2011, and now a 2014 Tundra. My wife has had a 2008, 2011, and 2013 Sequoia. We have had zero problems with 6 of the 5.7 engines. And the resell value on all my vehicles has been a dream! Wasn't that easy when I went to sell any of my Suburbans or that F150 Ecoboost I had.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This post is funny. I have owned a 2008, 2011, and now a 2014 Tundra. My wife has had a 2008, 2011, and 2013 Sequoia. We have had zero problems with 6 of the 5.7 engines. And the resell value on all my vehicles has been a dream! Wasn't that easy when I went to sell any of my Suburbans or that F150 Ecoboost I had.

Nothing funny meant by it.
But when two senior mechanics, one who just retired for Toyota say they are a POS (exact words)I'd tent to believe them. Especially when they deal with tons of those trucks on a daily bases and you've only owned a couple.

Latest posts

Top Bottom