No more Fords for me!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like I walked into a Ford stealership for the last time Saturday. I typically buy a new truck about every 10 months or so. I've had my current truck for a about a year and as soon as my divorce is finalized will be getting a new one.
I'm typically a Chevy guy but 2 out of my last 3 trucks were Fords. Looking into my next truck I'm thinking a Chevy 6.2 but really wanted to give the Raptor a fighting chance so I went to look at them. Stealership had 3 on the lot and I went to play with one to see if it could sway me back to Ford. After looking at one, I liked the looks except the badging. Can't stand the ugly arse Raptor stickers let alone willing to pay an extra $2000 for them. The one I looked at was nutted out with all the bells and whistles for an AMAZING PRICE OF $58,600!!!!!! Ya ok....
I've never had an issue getting trucks for well under sticker so that was no issues at first. But they wouldn't let me drive it! Told me they don't allow test drives on Raptors. In which I told he salesman there is no way I'd pay $58k for a truck I've never driven especially when my sole purpose was to drive one to see if I likes it and order one the way I wanted it. I was told if I made a good offer they'd consider letting me test drive it. So into to office we went. The salesman came out after asking to manager if we could test one and tells me that they want $10k OVER sticker on it!!!! I pretty much laughed in his face and told him I'd never pay close to sticker let one anything over sticker. I proceed to tell him I get a huge corporate discount through work and I'd bring him in my own price. (Which is non negotiable). So the manager comes out and tells me that if I'm not willing to pay $10k over sticker ($68,600) then there is no need for him to even talk to me.
So agian I laughed at him and said only an idiot would pay sticker and walked out....
That's probably the last time I ever look at another ford.
My last two new Chevys I got I payed $12k under sticker and know i can get them at that price still.

I know this is more of a dealer problem and not Ford. But I also found out today that Ford doesn't want to honor our discount on a Raptor.

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And GM most likely wont honor your discount on a Corvette. I work for a multi line dealership and we have those rules in place too.

Coz

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Isnt this more of a free market issue? Obviously the demand is there which supports the premium they are asking because I see a Raptor or two for almost every mile I drive.
Yeah, obviously that is an exaggeration, but my point is solid.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You should call Ford's customer service line and let them know. They don't appreciate this sort of thing. I work pretty close with the media reps at Ford, they really don't like dealerships that do that. Aren't you in Stillwater? Don't tell me that it was Thomas Ford, they know better than to pull that crap.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Isnt this more of a free market issue? Obviously the demand is there which supports the premium they are asking because I see a Raptor or two for almost every mile I drive.
Yeah, obviously that is an exaggeration, but my point is solid.

Kinda....
But looking on the Raptor Forums most those guys say they got them for under MSRP. Looked to be around $46-$53k on average. Not $58.6k and sure as hell not $68k!!!

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wasn’t everyone on this board whining about the free market dictating $50-$75 PMAGs exactly one year ago? The only difference there was that it was an open and honest up front screwing.

As to the OP, I hear ya. For $58,600 the sucker should come with a Barrett. For 10K over that it should come with a M2 50 Cal mounted in the bed. That would definitely look cool on a raptor.

I put 45K miles a year on anything I drive so I never buy anything new.

Latest posts

Top Bottom