No more Fords for me!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SVT vehicles do not qualify for any discounts, rebates, employee pricing etc. This is not a recent development. It's also not uncommon to see dealerships adding premium fees on high demand vehicles. Several years ago when the GT500's were introduced, they were selling at a dealer premium price of $75k when the sticker price was closer to $42k.

That being said, there are several dealerships in town where you could purchase a Raptor for a few hundred dollars over the invoice price. I wouldn't write off Ford just because of one bad experience with a local dealer on a speciality vehicle.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And GM most likely wont honor your discount on a Corvette. I work for a multi line dealership and we have those rules in place too.

Coz

Rules to tack on $10,000 to the sticker on the vehicle? Hell they have the price advertised on the truck right there, then turn around and say they ain't gonna sell it for that price.
Not sure about the Vette but I know they will honor it on an SS Camero.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Isnt this more of a free market issue? Obviously the demand is there which supports the premium they are asking because I see a Raptor or two for almost every mile I drive.
Yeah, obviously that is an exaggeration, but my point is solid.

I would agree with you, but if there's three on the lot then it tells me that the demand doesn't warrant the secret higher price.

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sure they can. The "S" in MSRP stands for suggested. When the 2002 T-bird came out the were selling for double MSRP nation wide. I'm not saying it's right; I'm saying it happens. I get D-Plan pricing on just about anything I want except a few excluded items. I paid 23K for my 2013 F-150 that stickered for 33K. But they still wont let me buy a Corvette at discount.

Coz

BoneCrusher

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
With us as retiree's and those that are employee's, the dealer doesn't have to sell anything to us, I always shop around, I brought a Corvette 2012 Grand Sport Convertible $75K I got $15K off drove about 10K miles on it the first year, I did find out one thing the best place for an oil change is in El Reno at Frontier they have an offer of $9.95 any GM or Dodge vehicle, I got it free cause it took them longer than 30 min.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Weren't you in here bashing craptors not long ago? Why the change of heart? I think the 10k thing is because they are considered specialty vehicles
Yes i was, and what happened Saturday just reiderates why I don't care for them. But like I said, I was gonna give it a fighting chance.

SVT vehicles do not qualify for any discounts, rebates, employee pricing etc. This is not a recent development. It's also not uncommon to see dealerships adding premium fees on high demand vehicles. Several years ago when the GT500's were introduced, they were selling at a dealer premium price of $75k when the sticker price was closer to $42k.

That being said, there are several dealerships in town where you could purchase a Raptor for a few hundred dollars over the invoice price. I wouldn't write off Ford just because of one bad experience with a local dealer on a speciality vehicle.

What's funny about the "high demand" part. I drive by that dealership a few times a week. Those same 3 Raptors have been sitting there for months now. Now I see why...
It's actually up to the dealership on if they want to honor the discount or not. They have the option it's just Ford won't back it.

I'm sure there's dealerships that will make a better price. But seeing how it's a truck I never really cared for to begin with, that little encounter really pushed me away from them even more.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What dealership is it? You could join the f150 forum and contact ford support via PM. They are on there a lot and help people out with similar stories a lot.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow I've never heard anything bad about them. I looked at 2013 fx4 there and had a good experience. I was gonna buy it but then found a 12 with only 14k on it for about 18k less.

Latest posts

Top Bottom