Power out! (Electricity)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, got Wif home from hospital and my BP is somewhat near normal.

About the "electrician". My Granddad built this house, in '66. When Dad retired in '91, he moved in. It had been rented from '67 until '91. First thing Dad had done was central heat and air. Then, he called the only local contractor to add on a garage, breakfast area, utility room, 2nd bathroom, cellar and RV cover. The majority of the work was performed by the contractors 2 sons, idiots in their own rights. The "electrician" was his brother.

When the meter was pulled, a HOT wire was connected at the meter, run through the attic, length of the house and into the breaker box IN THE GARAGE. HOT from pole to garage.

City Inspector approved in '91 and again in '15, when a tree fell on lines and pulled wiring loose.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel ya, @turkeyrun ... When we had an electrician come out to change out our box so we could add on a whole home generator he found that the contractor (my neighbor 😡😡😡😡 who promised me he'd make sure the job was done right) had piggy-backed the electric stove/oven and microwave to an outlet in the kitchen that had the toaster and coffee maker plugged into it -- instead of running a line straight to the box. It is a wonder we didn't manage to burn the house down. Good thing I don't cook that much. I've NEVER used the oven for any length of time, thank God, or it would have started a fire.

How some people can sleep at night knowing what they've done (and to a "friend" even 😡😡😡😡) is beyond me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom