North Korea Launches Attack on South Korean Island, 2 Dead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes. It's none of our business :fullauto:

That's all well and good but what would have happened had we said that it is none of our business and England is on their own against Germany?

I'm just making the point that we have to look at the consequences of non action. Many times they are worse than action. It would be great to live in the black and white world of keeping to our own shores and to hell with everyone else, but in today's world, events around the world directly affect us at home. As such we project our power for our interests across the globe.

It sucks but instability in the middle east (i.e. nuclear Iran) causes spikes in oil prices which directly affect our energy dependent economy.

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's all well and good but what would have happened had we said that it is none of our business and England is on their own against Germany?

I'm just making the point that we have to look at the consequences of non action. Many times they are worse than action. It would be great to live in the black and white world of keeping to our own shores and to hell with everyone else, but in today's world, events around the world directly affect us at home. As such we project our power for our interests across the globe.

It sucks but instability in the middle east (i.e. nuclear Iran) causes spikes in oil prices which directly affect our energy dependent economy.

I don't really see how losing thousands of American soldiers is better than losing an ally. Just always seems to me that we are too bent on taking over the world so risking lives in the process is ok.

I just think we need to pick and choose our battles, instead of jumping into everyone we see just to make us look good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom