North Tulsa Shootings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Community leaders in North Tulsa are already calling for the recent shootings to be deemed hate crimes. Talk about jumping to conclusions. We barely know any details about the shootings, and they are already urging it to be considered a hate crime? Oh, and coucilman Henderson is urging everyone not to start a "race riot". Talk about going overboard. Yes, I agree these are horrible acts and I hope the shooter or shooters are caught and get what they deserve. However, it concerns me the statements of said "Community Leaders" will lead to more violence.

http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/news/local_news/community-leaders-call-shooting-spree-a-hate-crime

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry had to laugh at the article Police looking for white male in a white truck man that really narrows it down huh. Sucks people commit these crimes, did like the comment at the bottom about the man that killed the old white couple being a hate crime then too.

ETE I really hope scum who is doing the shooting gets what they deserve. There are people who still actually care about skin color seem odd to me. I try to be the same with everyone I meet

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nobody even knows what happened really, or for sure who the shooter even is, let alone any motive... yet they claim whomever the shooter was was "targeting"? :anyone:

I'm so sick and tired of all the race baiting. The fools who start this crap should be ashamed and anyone who plays into it is... well, just playing into it and not using their head.

I hope they catch whomever the shooter is and they get every ounce of the law thrown at them.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keep this one fact based and not spreading some of the crap floating around.
We don't need to rile this up more than it is - even if it's just repeating the retoric

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The shootings deaths happened around 1am - 2am and the victims were "in the street".

Police said:

"The victims were in the street and not really in their yards," Walker said. "So I would think that people are walking up and down the street being targeted."

http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/news/local_news/three-shot-in-two-drive-by-shootings#ixzz1rNYLZk5B

A person in the article was quoted as saying ""There are three mothers that have to go to bed with the understanding that 'my baby is not going to come home,'" Trent said. "That is a pain that you never get over. "

These "babies" were 49, 57 and 31 years old... :anyone: Can the reality of this whole thing be skewed any more by inflammatory rhetoric?

It really sounds to me like if you don't want to get risk getting shot, then until they catch this person, choose not to be out walking around in the early morning hours in the street. It's not like somebody is going house to house and blowing people away.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last report I heard on Fox was that one of the wounded told police that a man had pulled up and asked for directions... and when the wounded man stepped foward to talk, he was shot. I don't know the reasoning behind the shootings... but I do remember the D.C. Snipers that the press was saying was a lone white male... and it turned out to be 2 muslim extremists..... and the guy in Arizona who shot Rep. Giffords...who the press immediately reppoted to be a christian right-wing Republican zealot with a agenda... who turned out to be nothing more than a nut case. So the press [and NAACP] doesn't have a good track record when it jumps to conclusions.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been wondering what they guy used; some reports on KRMG yesterday said that the entrance wounds were so small they had trouble finding a couple of them. Will be interesting to see what they find out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom