Nostalgia - Or, the I'm this old, thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
ice cream spoon taste 2.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's probably because us older guys had the advantage of using much more powerful rolls of caps.
I've read that some reloaders when faced with no primers have been rebuilding old primers by removing the anvil, tapping out the primer dent with a punch and putting some roll caps under the anvil before replacing it.
You have to be pretty desperate to go that far DIY for some primers to shoot but there are video's out there to prove it.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rather than continue to ruin the funny memes thread with nostalgia, I'll create one here.

I'm this old

I remember Beebee's Service station just north of Kingfisher on 81. The guy that came out to pump your gas, service your tires, check the oil and water had to be in his 80's.

Dad would tip him a quarter if he did not clean the windshield. You couldn't see out of it after he "cleaned" it. I told dad years ago he probably did that on purpose to get the tips for not cleaning the windshield.

A very special time, for many reasons! Anyone remember Davy Crockett? I was 9 years old when this program came out in 1955, and I thought Fess Parker was just about it! A real HERO, a genuly decent guy, deserving that title, and a role model for kids! Boy do we need that now? I understand Fess Parker owned, and operated, a winery in California, and I wish I had gone there while he was living, on the outside chance of meeting him!

Latest posts

Top Bottom