"Not his flag"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can see where you'd get that if you don't read the whole statement or choose to ignore the part that said to call them assholes and walk away. Sometimes people are sarcastic on the internet...but it's a pretty new concept and I can see how it can be confusing. I never said that I'd do anything more than voice my opinion in that case. They have their rights, I have mine. Their right to free speech doesn't protect them from hearing me exercise mine, and obviously I shouldn't go around beating on people for anything but defense of myself and mine. I also thought the cat poop comment would add a little humor to an obviously exaggerated statement, but I guess the internets are serious business.

This is OSA. You can start a thread about blue snow cones and someone is going to get the butthurt.

There is no place for humor on OSA. Trust me on this one.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think anyone said they did have the right to burn something that wasn't theirs. But the theft of the flag is a far different discussion than the burning of the flag, with the latter seemingly being the biggest point of contention here.

Wearing apparel, bedding, handkerchiefs, advertising, athletic uniforms...all violations of flag code. We have a lot of asses to kick.

Almost all Independence Day decorations violate flag code. Only red & white bunting and properly displayed flags are acceptable.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
********, burning the American Flag is not exercising Freedom of Speech, and they can say they are expressing themselves all they want. How about I put a boot off in their Ass, and express myself. You can curse and say bad things all you want about this country and how it's being run. You can say all the bad things you want about the Flag, that's Freedom of Speech. You burn the Flag, those are physical actions and your ass should be DEPORTED.

Amen, surjimmy. I got your back on that one!

IndVet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Title of this thread sounds a lot like all the people here that say "Not my President". The sentiment is not unique.

Burning the flag is a (now) well established form of free speech.

I do support passing a law that levies a fine of $1 against anyone assaulting a flag burner. If I witnessed such an event, I would attempt to rack up at least $20 in fines myself.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think we should deport all the faux-patriotic rednecks who display the flag improperly. There's a hardware store on Tulsa with a flag in the window with the union on the wrong side. Why has no one beat the **** out of the employees? Anyone want to help? Flag code is flag code. My buddy's neighbor has an unlit flag exposed to the weather on her porch, the union on the wrong side as well. She's a weak, chubby widow. I think we could take her. Then we'll go after the guys with an OU or OSU flag over their American flag.

Go ahead and make light of it. No problem. Until you try to set fire to the the flag that is. I wouldn't just attack someone; oh no. I'd try to reason with them first. Then; if they persist, I'll use them to beat the flames out with.

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom