Not one of ours I hope.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClintC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sad to hear but last year my father in law almost shot his finger off due to holding the revolver like a semi auto. Some people just don’t think before they do or have never been affected by something like that. Let’s just say I still don’t think he learned his lesson. He just told me that he shot his 45 inside the house showing it off. WTF that was all I could think. not the first story I heard about some dumb ****.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How does anyone clean any firearm without opening the chamber or rolling out the cylinder as the first order of business?
My heart goes out to the family.
There will be a thorough investigation I’m sure to see if any thing odd might be going on.
I say that because gun cleaning accidents sometimes are not accidental. I have personal knowledge of one. The party survived though.

travisstorma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can never grasp the thought of how this can happen. I'm always a wimp I guess about handing my gun. I'm super careful when holstering (don't want something to get caught in trigger), and when I take it out to clean or handle outside of when it should be loaded, I drop mag and rack several times / look down barrel. Probably overkill but I don't ever want anything like this situation happening.

Latest posts

Top Bottom