Note to self (newby reloader)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatcpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tumbling large and small caliber pistol brass at the same time does not save time or money. Tumbled a bunch of 45, 40, 380 and 32 together and spent a couple hours digging little cases out of bigger ones. Media locks them in pretty well. Had to resort to impact style bullet puller for some. An old guy can learn new tricks, it just takes longer.

Wizard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tumbling large and small caliber pistol brass at the same time does not save time or money. Tumbled a bunch of 45, 40, 380 and 32 together and spent a couple hours digging little cases out of bigger ones. Media locks them in pretty well. Had to resort to impact style bullet puller for some. An old guy can learn new tricks, it just takes longer.

lol I think everyone learns this either first hand or watching someone else do it.

I figured out not to do it when sorting range pickup brass and its always fun to try and deprime a 9mm case with a 22LR or 380 case in it LOL.

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ran a mess of 17 Remington brass with some large chucks of corncob media ONCE! funny how that stuff gets into the neck so easy but sure doesn't want to come out all that well. It's all good you'll find out all sorts of goofy things when you load or tumble brass just remember don't be too hard on yourself cause trust me others have done it too. Later,

Kirk

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ran a mess of 17 Remington brass with some large chucks of corncob media ONCE! funny how that stuff gets into the neck so easy but sure doesn't want to come out all that well. It's all good you'll find out all sorts of goofy things when you load or tumble brass just remember don't be too hard on yourself cause trust me others have done it too. Later,

Kirk

Same thing happens on .223 brass. Walnut only for me...

Randall

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
LOL,I think we have all done that! If you have a vibratory tumbler hold the case against the side of the running tumbler and it will loosen the media and smaller case from the larger case.

doctruptwn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will still do mixed tumbler loads but what I do is load them into the tumbler and make sure that there are no smaller cases in the larger ones. I still get one or two locked together but not enough to make me quit doing it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom