Now that it will soon be legal, who will actually carry openly?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, things are really going to change then. I've had my concealed-carry weapon taken away during a traffic violation (by an OHP trooper). He returned it after he issued my warning (this was several years ago). I kept my comments to myself, but I thought it was hilarious. Like I jumped through all the extra hoops, had myself fingerprinted, and paid the license fees, just so I could shoot an OHP officer over a speeding ticket! What paranoia.

A lot of OHP officers do that for "officer safety". Under current law, they can not "inspect" your firearm unless they believe a crime has been committed, however they can increase the chances of it going off by removing it from your person, handling it, and returning it to you after the encounter.:saywhat: They would still be able to do this after NOV 1 as well. What the new law prevents is an officer walking up to you in 7-11 while you are getting an icy, asking for your permit, and then disarming you after you provide the permit while he berates you on why you should not open carry. If you are don't anything else wrong, they can still remove your firearm for "officer safety".

And I guess if the encounter was in a 7-11, they would have cause since 7-11 is in the process of posting gunbuster signs again. But you get the point I was trying to make.

M

Mach1soldier

I think I am going to refrain from open carrying anywhere but my property and my wife and I will both open carry at her work. I need to get permission from the land owner (mostly to protect our relationship since we both love the lady) but my wife already has permission and carry's concealed there. Her business is a vets office with many dangerous, lethal, or highly addicting drugs so it is a target along with the fact it is next to a prostitution and gang hotel. She has been approached many times and honestly the only thing that made people walk away was the massive freaking german shepherd she had on a leash that hated males. Thank god.

I'll wait until January or so to open carry....Maybe let the LEO's get used to it first.

Question on the subject...My house is in the hood and there are many attempted breakins....So would you open carry to let people know you take defense seriously or you think this invites people breaking in looking for guns? They are always on my wife and I so not too worried about them actually stealing them.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I am going to refrain from open carrying anywhere but my property and my wife and I will both open carry at her work. I need to get permission from the land owner (mostly to protect our relationship since we both love the lady) but my wife already has permission and carry's concealed there. Her business is a vets office with many dangerous, lethal, or highly addicting drugs so it is a target along with the fact it is next to a prostitution and gang hotel. She has been approached many times and honestly the only thing that made people walk away was the massive freaking german shepherd she had on a leash that hated males. Thank god.

I'll wait until January or so to open carry....Maybe let the LEO's get used to it first.

Question on the subject...My house is in the hood and there are many attempted breakins....So would you open carry to let people know you take defense seriously or you think this invites people breaking in looking for guns? They are always on my wife and I so not too worried about them actually stealing them.

First off, if your wife is the business owner and rents the place from the land owner, then the business owner can make the decision as they are in control of the property. Not that I would advise making bad blood between anyone you really like and get along with.

As far as you house, I would probably conceal, no need to advertise that you have firearms and invite people to see if you have more when you aren't home.

Latest posts

Top Bottom