Who uses a fanny pack or bag to carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
After reading a few pages of that, I think I'm moving more towards a pack to take with me in the car to avoid the need for a truck gun. Maybe a pack that can haul useful things from vehicle to vehicle and could still be carried in certain venues but not look like a dork at wal-mart LOL.

I take long walks (sometimes at night) and always have to grab a pistol, mace, flashlight, phone, etc. and try to haul along with dogs while wearing gym shorts. I think a small fanny pack I can take with me for that and in the car is the best compromise vs carrying a man purse into the store. But that still means either keeping a truck gun, or just carrying one gun (in which case it will still have to be small enough to carry on-person too).

Phlster Enigma is your answer maybe

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fanny packs, those are soooo 1998 - 2005... Used to use one, liked it quite a bit, easy access and could carry a medium sized pistol easily. Unfortunately they are no longer "fashionable" and wearing one tends to point out "I'm carrying." They do have utility for outdoor activities, but for everyday activities I much prefer a good belt, in the pant holster or outside the belt holster, an untucked shirt covering and of course a belt cell phone case. Hiking, Biking or Walking they can be a great choice and fit in! Cold weather, like a holster jacket.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fanny packs, those are soooo 1998 - 2005... Used to use one, liked it quite a bit, easy access and could carry a medium sized pistol easily. Unfortunately they are no longer "fashionable" and wearing one tends to point out "I'm carrying." They do have utility for outdoor activities, but for everyday activities I much prefer a good belt, in the pant holster or outside the belt holster, an untucked shirt covering and of course a belt cell phone case. Hiking, Biking or Walking they can be a great choice and fit in! Cold weather, like a holster jacket.

Now all the cool kids carry a fanny pack draped across the front of their chest.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s a purse.

I laughed every time I caught a glimpse of the last olive drab green purse shopper at the exchange on Tinker AFB yesterday.

I’m not sure I will ever meet a man capable of pulling off a purse while shopping.

I will continue to laugh and so will almost every person I know, they probably won’t tell you how ridiculous they look on a fella.

Keep the field gear in the field and away from Mrs. Field’s cookie counter.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s a purse.

I laughed every time I caught a glimpse of the last olive drab green purse shopper at the exchange on Tinker AFB yesterday.

I’m not sure I will ever meet a man capable of pulling off a purse while shopping.

I will continue to laugh and so will almost every person I know, they probably won’t tell you how ridiculous they look on a fella.

Keep the field gear in the field and away from Mrs. Field’s cookie counter.
It's a satchel

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Every time this subject comes up,,,
I post about the soft briefcase (satchel) that I used,,,
It allowed me to carry a handgun at work for close to 17 years.

Click here please,,,

I worked at a state university where concealed carry was strictly forbidden,,,
But this bag just looked like another laptop computer case,,,
I carried it cross-body with it's steel cable strap.

The best thing about it was you could unzip the pistol pouch area,,,
And have your hand on your gun with no one the wiser.

I once sat for ten minutes in the front row of a lecture hall,,,
Where a disturbed individual was going on a semi-violent rant.

The whole time while waiting for the campus police to show up,,,
My hand was comfortable holding my semi-auto pistol.

When the cops finally showed up I just removed my hand,,,
Zipped the pouch up and no one knew about it,,,
Even the person sitting next to me.

The one inconvenient thing about it was,,,
I never felt comfortable leaving it alone anywhere,,,
So even when I went to the men's room I had to take it with me.

But other than that one inconvenience,,,
it was a fine solution to my campus carry dilemma.

Aarond

Latest posts

Top Bottom