NRA Member/Supporter?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xnavychief

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I Was for 15 years but don't drink the koolaid anymore. I don't think my 2A rights belong to a specific political party as they are constitutional, much less need a religious agenda. When the NRA stops leaning full tilt in a direction opposing my own views, I might join again.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a member along with another gun rights group (see below) but I should join the 2nd Amendment Foundation as well. It can't hurt to be counted 2, 3 or 4 times. Also, the NRA does offer a $10 membership if you were wanting to sponsor someone in your family but did not want another magazine.

jsl_pt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been a life member for somewhere around 40 years now.

I don't always agree with their stance on things, but by and large I believe they have more of a positive effect for our 2A rights than anyone else. Above it all, they are HUGE proponents of the shooting sports, firearms education, youth programs, conservation efforts, etc...

---

Don't worry though, plenty will be along any minute to offer their position on how the NRA sucks and is actually detrimental to the 2A. That's how this always goes...

Oh. and Ps. I'm sure the NRA has done their homework on how much money sending out their SPAM actually brings back in. If it wasn't a worthwhile effort for them, they wouldn't do it. They usually provide updates on the latest things they are fighting for on our behalf too, so it's sometimes a welcome read.

Oh. and Pps. In comparison, since donating to the Wounded Warrior Project, I get at least 3 or 4 times the SPAM mail from them than I do the NRA. I don't complain about it though... how could it possibly bother me? It helps remind me of the sacrifices my brothers in arms have given for me and keeps me humbly grounded.

I think I actually agree with everything in your post and feel the Same way. Also a life member though only for a few years.

The NRA is not perfect, but they have HUGE political pull and are constantly filing suits to help 2A causes some of which go to higher courts and have a nationwide impact. No other 2A group has that amount of pull. Membership count is a big factor as well I presume when they are lobbying, which I presume is why they are willing to spend tons of postage to spam people to get renewals. If it wasn't getting the results they wanted, increased membership numbers and/or revenue, then they would quit.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They send me letters telling me if I don't send them money, our guns wll be taken away.

Therefore I sell as many guns to law abiding citizens as I can, so we can all be ready for the day when they come try and take them God Forbid.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Life member, but I got really disenchanted, when they supported the Instant check law, especially as regards to long guns. I don't send them money anymore.

At that time there was going to be only 2 choices. 15 day waiting period or instant check. I think they supported the better of the two evils.

Been a life member 40 years and I never got no free stuff.
The nra does not send out a bunch of stuff asking for money and such.
If you pay close attention the begging/sales pitches come from ILA, Hartford insurance(I get the same from all my local banks and credit unions) and other groups with the NRA logo on the letter.

I file their sales/beggin' pitches the same place I file the ones from GOA, RMEF, DU, QU, 2AF and others.
In the trash can next to my easy chair.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The NRA would save a LOT of money in postage alone if they'd quit sending letters begging for money. But like Glocktogo said, there have been some issues where they took no action. Their Lifetime membership costs too much. The main reason I'm a member is cause the gun club requires it to be a member. I just get mine renewed every five years.

Call customer service, and tell a PERSON, that you want off the mailing list.
I get nothing from them now, other than a membership renewal and magazine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom