NRA Member/Supporter?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you an NRA member?

I'm completely open to the fact that folks have opinions...you're completely entitled to them. You don't have to be completely in agreement with the NRA but anyone that has guns for any reason should be a member. The NRA has your back in all things concerning 2A. It certainly can't be the money; it's only $35 per year. Only $25 if you sign up on-line with Jim Scoutin (sp ?) at Shooting USA. If you sign up at the Wanenmacher's gun show you'll get into the gun show free...and they'll give you a hat.

So, if you're not a member...why not?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a member and vocal detractor regarding some of their activities (or lack thereof in some cases). It's no different than my membership in the Republican party, which I consider more often wrong than right. You still have to stand somewhere in order to be counted. :(

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The NRA would save a LOT of money in postage alone if they'd quit sending letters begging for money. But like Glocktogo said, there have been some issues where they took no action. Their Lifetime membership costs too much. The main reason I'm a member is cause the gun club requires it to be a member. I just get mine renewed every five years.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a member though I feel the same as others: the NRA does some stupid stuff. My dad is a life member and they often send a bunch of "made in China" pocket knives. He sends them back with a note that the knives are made in China.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I joined for the first time last year. I got a multitool made in China in the mail before I even got my membership card. My snail mail and Email are flooded with 'spam' asking for money in some form or another. I keep clicking the "remove me" buttons but I'm not convinced that works. I support much of what the NRA does and try to not complain about the rest but this flood of mail is really hard to stay calm about. Not to mention "American Riflemen" is becoming more and more political ranting and less gun articles. I love what you stand for NRA but you're making it really difficult to do so.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been a life member for somewhere around 40 years now.

I don't always agree with their stance on things, but by and large I believe they have more of a positive effect for our 2A rights than anyone else. Above it all, they are HUGE proponents of the shooting sports, firearms education, youth programs, conservation efforts, etc...

---

Don't worry though, plenty will be along any minute to offer their position on how the NRA sucks and is actually detrimental to the 2A. That's how this always goes...

Oh. and Ps. I'm sure the NRA has done their homework on how much money sending out their SPAM actually brings back in. If it wasn't a worthwhile effort for them, they wouldn't do it. They usually provide updates on the latest things they are fighting for on our behalf too, so it's sometimes a welcome read.

Oh. and Pps. In comparison, since donating to the Wounded Warrior Project, I get at least 3 or 4 times the SPAM mail from them than I do the NRA. I don't complain about it though... how could it possibly bother me? It helps remind me of the sacrifices my brothers in arms have given for me and keeps me humbly grounded.

Latest posts

Top Bottom