O. S. U.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BT0MgC2CYAAtf6K.jpg
Former OSU players were interviewed all afternoon on Tony Casillas' radio show on 107.7 and they all said they never saw ANY of that.

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Former OSU players were interviewed all afternoon on Tony Casillas' radio show on 107.7 and they all said they never saw ANY of that.

I'm just wondering what else you would expect them to say. Statute of limitations is up on non-academic violations and nothing criminal in today's allegations so no reason to self incriminate. I'd do the exact same thing. I do think their admin in place now is beyond competent enough to handle a situation like this. So that's good news.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the players quoted in the article was Aso Pogi. Here is what he has to say about it.

http://newsok.com/former-oklahoma-s...ated-story-in-radio-interview/article/3881376

If this accurate then probably all of the interviews happened this way.

I'm just wondering what else you would expect them to say. Statute of limitations is up on non-academic violations and nothing criminal in today's allegations so no reason to self incriminate. I'd do the exact same thing. I do think their admin in place now is beyond competent enough to handle a situation like this. So that's good news.
Well, see that's the thing.
I'm not sure that this isn't really meant to be an attack on Les Miles rather than OSU. LSU is certainly a better team and program than OSU.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I gotta say, last year's game was a tough one. We beat their ass all the way until the last g**damned play.

Pretty funny about a decade ago I was a pull for both teams until they played each other kind of guy. Then I got to be friends with a real OU fan that cheered when OSU players got hurt, etc. Sum ***** turned me.

I have been a lifelong sooner fan because my father was. I was taken to several OU games by an older cousin when I was a child. I still remember hearing the cheers from OU fans when a winning OSU score was announced. I went to more OU games before I graduated in 77 than I have since. I am saddened that any OU fan cheers when OSU players are hurt.

I am also sad about OSU cheating before they get the success they want. That is the real effect of all the money that T Boone pumped into the program.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A LOT of this confusion can be cleared up if Thayer Evans and SI just release the unedited audio tapes of the interviews.
I'm guessing that won't happen but I wish it would either way.

Well, if that's the case, I think we can all get behind that. OSU is much better off without that golden asshat.
I never could stand him or that sneer he always had in place of a smile.
He might be a good coach, I don't know.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I noticed this right away:

OSU officials expressed their distrust of reporter Thayer Evans, who worked on the project and has written a variety of anti-OSU pieces over the years, before he landed at Sports Illustrated. Including references to OSU as “Chokie State.” OSU sources said Dohrmann and Schecter were taken aback by that response. It is OSU’s understanding that Evans’ name will not be on the report.

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-state-fo...orest-will-get-the-black-eyes/article/3880916

And yet,

By George Dohrmann and Thayer Evans

Either OSU administration misunderstood what they were told or Dohrmann and Schecter flat out lied to them.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One thing Aso Pogi said was that only "low character" players were saying these things. If OSU were clean why did they have low character players? Also, wouldn't anyone that took or offered money, drugs, or sex to a player be low character? Everyone that knew and kept quiet all these years would be low character.

Aso is right about that, but he is trying to discredit those that have spoken about it when he is also saying that those types were on the team which in turn lends credibility to the story.

NCAA football has character problems that are a result of greed and the large amounts of money that is generated by the game. How can anyone say that any football coach deserves 4 million a year? I understand the business side of NCAA football. I don't say the coaches should not ask for or accept as much as they can get.

If you watch the video of the writers they are clear that no one should have too much adulation for the program they are fans of. They know it isn't only OSU.

There are low character people everywhere, yes, even on OSA.

Gebrown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've suspected this for years, T Boone comes in throwing money around, apparently others were throwing money too. I wonder just how many victories were bought.

Latest posts

Top Bottom